Notices

Convalescence's Recovery Journal

Old 11-21-2020, 10:18 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee,

Stresses have been high at work since we're getting closer to Thanksgiving and have some added responsibilities. I want to be checking in a bit like I did before, just to make sure things will be alright.

I believe this is day 80, so going to keep going forward from there.

Love you all, still reading posts here for encouragement and support.
Old 11-21-2020, 10:35 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're doing great man

D
Old 11-22-2020, 11:49 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Thanks again, Dee

Day 81.
Old 11-23-2020, 09:53 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Day 82.
Old 11-24-2020, 11:53 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Day 83.
Old 11-29-2020, 12:22 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Was away from everything spending time with family over Thanksgiving break. Good to be be back and to be documenting my progress.

Day 89.
Old 11-29-2020, 12:49 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  
I believe in miracles :)

Wow. Hurray
Old 12-01-2020, 12:02 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Thanks so much, Velvetee.

I'm sorry I haven't been posting consistently lately. I've been super busy at work, getting a bunch of new features for our website and products ready by the year's end. I'm still reading the forums and taking things seriously though.

I try to exercise every day now to help me deal with stress, and reading the Bible helps as well.

Guess I'm three months in now.
Old 12-01-2020, 12:04 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  
Administrator

3 months is great

To my mind, you only need to post as much as *you* feel you need to, Convalescence.
Old 02-06-2021, 11:34 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee,

I felt like I should have been engaging on here more, because unfortunately I've relapsed.

I remember the same thing happened during my previous alcohol recovery thread when I was several months in. I was very tempted to not return and try things again out of shame / disappointment, but I did end up posting. And from then on things got better and have stayed better. I have a sense of peace and confidence that I'm healed from that, and have been four over four years now.

So looking back, there were similar warning signs that I ignored. If I'm dealing with depression or stresses I know this is a welcoming, accepting place I can write about them. I don't want to use addictive behaviors to cope with things.

I'm going to begin journaling again and this time when I reach around three months of sobriety or so, I plan to keep engaging and ease back more gracefully. It wasn't wise of me to just stop updating on my progress and I apologize to anyone I've hurt or worried.

Day 1.
Old 02-06-2021, 04:04 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  
Administrator

I did wonder how you were going - the main thing is you're back

D
Old 02-07-2021, 05:54 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

I've been thinking about your post of "easing back more gracefully."

From my own experience, I cannot afford to leave my recovery zone. If I put in the work on a daily basis then I am setting myself up for long term success. I think we need to put a little in each day even after months, years, decades of sobriety. There are people on this forum who have one month, one year, two, five, 10, 15 and even 30 years of sobriety. They have shown that they are committed and have a practice of focusing on recovery every single day.

Just food for thought......
Old 02-07-2021, 11:51 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee, and thanks for the feedback Mizz.

I don't really have a good way of explaining what I mean when I say easing back. From my experience with another addiction, I have a peace and confidence that it's not a part of my life anymore. That it's something where I'm committed to living a better life and I know I can always come back here for support if needed. I was reading the forums every week or at that time, just to check in on others and stay connected. I guess I want to recreate that going forward, where I'm taking responsibility for things but able to heal and live a stable and healthy existence.

Day 2 here. Just going to collect my thoughts in the next few days and vent as needed. Much love.
Old 02-08-2021, 10:25 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

I think I get you, man. I have eased back in a way too, at least from here. It's due in part to being busy, feeling strong in my recovery and recovery plan, and knowing I have the ability to use the tools if I need them, and being able to identify when that is. I still read here a lot though, just don't post as much. I think this site is a wonderful source of support to whatever degree it's used.

But if you've relapsed, you know what to do. Evaluate what happened, figure out how to make a stronger plan, use the support you have, and move forward. Glad to see you again too, even though it's due to a relapse.
Old 02-08-2021, 10:49 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Thanks dpac, just taking it easy and easing back into things.

Day 3.
Old 02-09-2021, 04:44 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Convalescence View Post
Thanks Dee, and thanks for the feedback Mizz.

I don't really have a good way of explaining what I mean when I say easing back. From my experience with another addiction, I have a peace and confidence that it's not a part of my life anymore. That it's something where I'm committed to living a better life and I know I can always come back here for support if needed. I was reading the forums every week or at that time, just to check in on others and stay connected. I guess I want to recreate that going forward, where I'm taking responsibility for things but able to heal and live a stable and healthy existence.

Day 2 here. Just going to collect my thoughts in the next few days and vent as needed. Much love.
Perfect. You know what works for you. We all have our approaches to this and every approach is an acceptable approach just as long as we are not using. I look forward to reading about your progress! Keep on moving forward!
Old 02-09-2021, 10:03 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Much appreciated Mizz. Your support means a lot.

Day 4.
Old 02-10-2021, 11:31 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Day 5.
Old 02-11-2021, 04:33 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Convalescence View Post
Day 5.
YAY!
I support this message.
Keep on moving into freedom!
Old 02-12-2021, 01:39 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Thanks so much Mizz. I want to write more of my thoughts, but I've still been detoxing and in a low emotional place. Feeling secure and at peace sharing here though. And things are moving back towards stability.

Day 6.