Notices

3 & 30

Old 08-27-2020, 03:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

3 & 30

3 years without cigarettes
30 days sober.... finishing 31.

feels really good. Feels like every weekend I make it through, I forget more about alcohol.

thanks SR

B
Old 08-27-2020, 03:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on 30 days sober and 3 yrs nicotine-free!
Old 08-27-2020, 04:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Fantastic! So great to hear people conquering their demons!
Old 08-27-2020, 04:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations BEELS

D
Old 08-27-2020, 10:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Samantha

Congrats! I have never smoked but I know a lot of people who like to smoke when they drink so I'm impressed when they give it up....i can't image how hard that would be.
Old 08-28-2020, 12:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Free.

30 days is awesome BEELS!
Congrats

Old 08-28-2020, 04:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I agree, as more time passes, alcohol becomes more distant....a thing of the past. But (I hate buts), that is also when we have to be most vigilant because we know the insidious AV may be waiting to make its move....thank God we have SR.

Congrats on 3 & 30!
Old 08-28-2020, 03:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anxiousrock View Post
Congrats! I have never smoked but I know a lot of people who like to smoke when they drink so I'm impressed when they give it up....i can't image how hard that would be.
yes. I smoked more when I drank. So I quit drinking for a while so I would quit smoking. The smoking would allow me to stay up and drink all night.

when I quit smoking the all night drinking and binges stopped but after a few months..... the drinking picked up again.

no more 3 day binges but an earlier start in the day and incapacitated by evening. Couldn’t drive anywhere... couldn’t take the kids anywhere. Drive to their things.

my spouse took up my slack. I was absent. I thought I was funny and fun. Just causing stress to my family I’m sure. They remembered the binges. Im sure every time they heard the crack of a beer opening it would sting them in the heart.

I hated hearing that noise when I was little and my mom made it...Another one? Never knew where it would lead....

im glad the binges ended. But I’m even more happy my kids and spouse don’t have to wonder where the first one is going to lead.

i am too. It’s the first one.
just don’t drink the first one.

thanks SR

Old 08-28-2020, 03:07 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anxiousrock View Post
yes. I smoked more when I drank. So I quit drinking for a while so I would quit smoking. The smoking would allow me to stay up and drink all night.

when I quit smoking the all night drinking and binges stopped but after a few months..... the drinking picked up again.

no more 3 day binges but an earlier start in the day and incapacitated by evening. Couldn’t drive anywhere... couldn’t take the kids anywhere. Drive to their things.

my spouse took up my slack. I was absent. I thought I was funny and fun. Just causing stress to my family I’m sure. They remembered the binges. Im sure every time they heard the crack of a beer opening it would sting them in the heart.

I hated hearing that noise when I was little and my mom made it...Another one? Never knew where it would lead....

im glad the binges ended. But I’m even more happy my kids and spouse don’t have to wonder where the first one is going to lead.

i am too. It’s the first one.
just don’t drink the first one.

thanks SR

B