Notices

Smudging

Old 08-26-2020, 05:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smudging

Anyone ever heard of smudging? It's basically a kind of aromatherapy/ritual using the smoke from burning plants...usually white sage. I'm not normally into, for the lack of a better term, hippy kind of stuff, but I thought why not. If you read up on it a lot of people think that it can remove negativity from your home or wherever you choose to use it. My wife has been really stressed out at work with her business, my kids started back at school, my work is getting into the busy season, we have a bunch of projects in and around the house that need done...so it felt like time for a good smudge! So I lit the sage last night and just went around each room in the house and around the house simply asking that any negativity go away and for prosperity to come on in! I'm willing to try getting more in touch with the earth and universe if it helps stay in a positive frame of mind. I think that's one of the most critical things in battling alcohol and staying free from it. However, I'll continue trying to be the good Catholic boy that I am, say my prayers and go to church too!
Old 08-26-2020, 06:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I've never heard of smudging but I do believe in energy. Just like a dog can hear sounds I can't hear, there is energy all around us that we cannot see. Every thought is an electrical impulse (scientifically proven). And since electricity is energy, we emit energy.

Wondering now if this practice of smudging could assist me in directing my energy. Going to look into it further.

Thanks for the helpful post!

Old 08-26-2020, 09:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

smudging is a well-established practice of many First Nations, and nothing like "hippie kind of stuff".
it has been practiced for centuries and is a meaningful ceremony to many.
so yeah, i've heard of it
personally, as a white person i would not do it as i would consider it close to appropriating another culture's sacred rituals.
maybe google a bit and find out more about the history and significance.
Old 08-26-2020, 09:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Smudging is awesome, and it makes your clothes smell good too if you'll remember to leave the closet doors open!!

Old 08-26-2020, 09:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think whenever you connect with the universe, it's a very good thing.