Notices

Day 42

Old 08-23-2020, 01:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 42

“When pain, misery, or anger happen, it is time to look within you, not around you.”

Well I made it to day 42. I had a serious craving today which has left me shaken. I jumped on a meeting online and spoke to sponsor and am ok now but holy crap i'm scared. I just feel so vulnerable. I was listening to shares earlier online with people staying sober through horrendous life events and then that made me even worse as I was annoyed at myself for nearly caving over seemingly nothing. So grateful right now that i'm still sober.
Old 08-23-2020, 02:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thoughts are thoughts - its what we do with them that counts - and you have a mighty plan waiting, reaching out and gaining strength

terrific

D
Old 08-23-2020, 09:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You did the right things to stay sober. It gets better with more sober time. Another thing to try is to practice gratitude every day. I have found that practicing gratitude makes me happier and makes my sobriety stronger. It also gives me a much more positive attitude.

Keep going, it gets better.
Old 08-24-2020, 01:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You are doing such an awesome job. I’m almost 8 months sober and I still feel some fear. But I think it’s a healthy fear so it’s all good. I find stories of people relapsing after really long stretches Particularly scary and it reminds me of how important it is to stay active in being sober. Keep doing what your doing!