Notices

Lousy feeling

Old 08-22-2020, 01:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lousy feeling

Hi all,

Last few days I've been feeling like I'm coming down off an ecstacy tablet. Literally most days. I don't feel down, just weird in my head

Over 6 weeks into recovering so aware my brain is adjusting. I'll be seeking professional advice from gp

Just wondered if there was anyone that could relate to this strange sensation and how they overcame it / improved it?

Stewy x
Old 08-22-2020, 01:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

This will date me but I have no idea what coming down from a ecstasy tablet feels like Stewy.
Good idea to see your doctor anyway.

D
Old 08-22-2020, 01:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Stewy, I'm only just over 3 weeks, but I still feel spaced out at times and sometimes feel a heavy draggy feeling, like when you step out of a swimming pool.
An addiction nurse told me before it can take up to 6 months before the brain has recovered from the effects of the drink
Old 08-22-2020, 11:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Hi,

If you can think of your sobriety age in terms of comparing it to an infant - you're NEW. Six weeks is teeny tiny young.

Give your SELF time. Be patient. Like water seeks its own level, your brain will get used to being unsaturated in time.
Old 08-22-2020, 12:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

All sorts of strange things happen in the early (and not so early) days of recovery as the brain adjusts to functioning without alcohol. But yes, the best thing to do is to see your GP.
Old 08-22-2020, 12:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Stewy, it's normal to feel all kinds of things in early recovery. The main thing is to know that you can manage and hopefully you'll feel better in a few days.
Old 08-22-2020, 04:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

how are you feeling now man??

D
Old 08-23-2020, 03:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone

Obviously one of the main things I'm having to deal with is not masking any physical / mental issues with alcohol and this is probably what's happening

Going to try not to dwell on it too much and crack on with the day. Just got a bit of a fright as I'm feeling pretty **** and not myself

Drinking isn't even an option for me anymore and that's final and I know that and aware of it
It's the overthinKing about everything that's killing me at the minute just trying to stay in the present as best I can until I can go and speak with the gp
Old 08-23-2020, 04:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey, Stewy--I am so glad that you realize drinking is not an option. I know that I don't have another quit in me. If I started up again I would die--one drink, and that would be the end. My life is too good now, even with it not being perfect, to ever go back to the living hell of my drinking. Wishing you the best.