Notices

day 35

Old 08-16-2020, 01:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 35

“Misplaced attachment to what cannot satiate the soul is not an error exclusive to addicts, but the common condition of mankind”

Reached my age in days, wish it was years lol

My av has been quite active these last few days. Just keep doing the next right thing I guess not much else I can do.

If anyone has any tips for sitting with and observing thoughts it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Old 08-16-2020, 03:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

For a long time when I felt uneasy I would do breathing exercises or meditate or take a nap. Whatever it took to get through the day and tomorrow more than likely would be a better day. Best wishes for you on your journey!
Old 08-16-2020, 03:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

35 days is Waaay longer than a month so cracking job.
Old 08-16-2020, 04:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I would always talk back to the AV, like I used to talk back to the TV. When the voice would pop up, I'd say, get the hell out of here, you lying sack of excrement!! I understood that the voice lies and is not to be trusted.

Congrats on over a month sober! Keep going, it gets better.
Old 08-16-2020, 04:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thanks alba, thanks tomls yeah am doing the things you mentioned daily it does help. Perhaps i'm just adjusting to something new and strange called life. All I know is that I know nothing.
Old 08-16-2020, 04:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

thanks least yeah I go between talking back to the av and laughing at it's insanity. It's so powerful sometimes though and I feel so vulnerable today. I think I just feel deflated i've done so much work on recovery today but the av feels stronger than ever. Well i'm on day 36 now just gotta keep doing all I can.
Old 08-16-2020, 05:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats someday

D
Old 08-16-2020, 06:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

For me at 30 days it is not time to "sit with thoughts"....There will be a time when I will become comfortable sitting in my pain or thoughts I know this from being 8 years sober in the past...But right now is not the time to sit with thoughts.

As soon as I start ruminating..I GET UP AND MOVE...And I'm not talking about just ruminating about "alcohol"...I'm talking about rumination of any thought....If I catch myself sitting and getting worked up and anxious from "thinking"...I immediately jump up and do something and my HOUSE is becoming very clean from this distraction tactic.

Tommorow I will use the "yard" as distraction as there is so much out there for me to do that I didn't do when I was drinking or recovering...
Keep MOVING....Get a therapist if you don't have one...someone to be accountable to in person every week or pick a person/friend (I don't have any) but an IN PERSON person to be accountable with everyday if you have to.....

Thinking is bad for early sobriety...unless you are thinking about what the next thing you are going to do or EAT.
Old 08-16-2020, 08:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congrats on Day 36! Awesome!
Old 08-16-2020, 11:46 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. Thanks Missy I will try that today there is plenty to do around the house and the yard. I play tennis 5 days a week and have yoga class this evening so I will keep super busy today.
Old 08-17-2020, 05:14 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Great job Someday! I think just logging on here and posting something is equivalent to sitting with your thoughts. I also was reading something lately that said it takes 66 days of continuously doing something to form a new habit. So just think, you only have 31 more days until that new habit is sobriety! That will be your new normal! Keep on keeping on!