Notices

Sailing away from it all, 14-17 August 2020 - Weekenders

Old 08-14-2020, 01:47 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lixie View Post
I'm in for a sober weekend! My three kids left yesterday (two for school and one went back to her dad's) and I'm trying not to think about them. Will rather focus on a wonderful weekend with my partner, planning our wedding and getting prepared for next week. Gosh, can you believe I'm going back to college at the age of 48?
Sooo looking forward to my new life - SOBER!!!

Day 9 and all is well. Wish you all a happy, sober weekend!
Good luck at college, you'll love it! My mother went back to college (we call it Uni here) at 40 and enjoyed every minute of it, it also lead to her getting a really good job afterwards. Anything is possible!
Old 08-14-2020, 01:48 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

Happy Friday weekenders!

it's much cooler here now thankfully - we had a massive rainstorm which has cleared the air & brought temperatures down 10degrees (C)

what car are you getting Kaily? red? blue? I get a bit of pre-emptive buyer's remorse when I'm making a large purchase, so know what you're feeling.
Old 08-14-2020, 01:55 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Originally Posted by owen90 View Post
Good luck at college, you'll love it! My mother went back to college (we call it Uni here) at 40 and enjoyed every minute of it, it also lead to her getting a really good job afterwards. Anything is possible!
Thanks for the encouraging words! I don't really need to take these classes, I'm a teacher and have worked for 25 years, I just want to learn something new, another subject to teach. My goal is to take a master in English, which starts in January.

Well, I'm off to have lunch with my partner. Have a great day!
Old 08-14-2020, 02:52 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

The thought of going back to school is intriguing but not the idea of homework and studying for tests. Hope it really works out great for you lixie.
Old 08-14-2020, 03:27 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Magsie

Nice one Lixie! It’s good to branch out.

Morning Andy and Owen
Old 08-14-2020, 04:06 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Friday night bedtime for me
sober and early to bed, bliss
goodnight everyone
Old 08-14-2020, 05:41 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Magsie

Night Willow.
Old 08-14-2020, 05:50 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Weather is crazy humid and sticky here at the moment, not nice at all

I'm meeting a friend from one of my treatment groups tomorrow for a coffee and a chat- will be nice to see him in person, we've only spoke on the phone the last 5 months now.

I've been meeting up with a girl from another group then for a last few weeks now, I know this is dangerous territory but obviously we can't help how we feel about people. We're
seeing each other on Sunday again now, we're sober about the same length of time and I'll honest my head has been a mess about pursuing this and the risks/benefits from it.
I am talking about this situation at least.
Old 08-14-2020, 06:35 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Magsie

Reid it’ll be nice to meet up with your friend from the treatment groups for a catch up. If you’re having doubts about meeting up with a girl from other group because of the risks/benefits involved, and I’m sure you’ve weighed up the probabilities, may it be better to keep it long distance for now?.
Old 08-14-2020, 06:57 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

Originally Posted by Reid82 View Post
I've been meeting up with a girl from another group then for a last few weeks now, I know this is dangerous territory but obviously we can't help how we feel about people. We're
seeing each other on Sunday again now, we're sober about the same length of time and I'll honest my head has been a mess about pursuing this and the risks/benefits from it.
I am talking about this situation at least.
you know what they say - the odds are good, but the goods are odd
Old 08-14-2020, 07:06 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders Samantha14!

Good to see you Daisybelle.

Good for you on going back to college Lixie that's a great idea.

Good luck Finalcall. Distractions are useful in early recovery and in that regard three kids fit the bill perfectly.

Kaily, buying a car is most people's second biggest purchase so don't buy something you're not happy with. Imo I like to decide what make/model I want before I look and don't worry about being thought of as a girl racer, the look of a car is important. It's not all about how many cup holders they have.

Good luck with you friend Reid

Finishing work for the week in a minute. As Andy mentioned it is way cooler today.

Attached Images
Old 08-14-2020, 07:43 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Happy a Friday, everyone.

Lixie, good for you for going back to Uni! Like CityBoy, I would love the classes and the learning but the assignments and tests - not so much.

Kaily, good luck with the new car decision. The last three cars that I have owned I have driven for over 12 years so a new car is not a frequent purchase for me. New cars have so many cool and enviable safety features these days.

Reid, for me uncertainty would be a signal to take it slowly for a little while longer. Have fun.
Old 08-14-2020, 07:49 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

It's Saturday morning here in the beautiful Pacific NW of the U.S. I think I'm the only left-coast U.S. person in this thread. The redcoats have full-well taken over for the most part...and I love you all.

It never gets old waking up without a hangover, no matter what day it is.

Continuing the protected species baby-boom here at the zoo:

Woodland Park Zoo Image from the blog - Tree kangaroo

https://blog.zoo.org/2020/08/tree-ka...uspicious.html
Old 08-14-2020, 08:07 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
It's Saturday morning here in the beautiful Pacific NW of the U.S. I think I'm the only left-coast U.S. person in this thread. The redcoats have full-well taken over for the most part...and I love you all.
Bim, this may be a giveaway of my ignorance, but how can it be Saturday morning where you are, even if you are on the East coast? The next continent to overtake (lap) us is probably Australia, and by then we’ll be two days behind everyone else!

Those critters look mischievous but very adorable.
Old 08-14-2020, 08:11 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaptainHaddock View Post
Bim, this may be a giveaway of my ignorance, but how can it be Saturday morning where you are, even if you are on the East coast? The next continent to overtake (lap) us is probably Australia, and by then we’ll be two days behind everyone else!

Those critters look mischievous but very adorable.
lol

Okay so it's Friday.

I don't need to know what day it is!

Which is good, because apparently I don't. To be fair, I hadn't had any coffee yet.

/excuses.
Old 08-14-2020, 08:22 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Liz - I think going back to college at 48 is brave and inspirational! I just got married a little over a week ago (I'm 44) and it was absolutely amazing! Age really is just a number

Bimini - I agree....waking up hang-over free (and anxiety free, nausea free, regret free.....) never gets old

Well I am off to work in a few hours and I am kinda grateful to be working afternoons all week-end. Means I will definitely make it to day 6 (day 4 today)

Happy Friday folks!!
Old 08-14-2020, 08:28 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Congrats on your recent nuptials, Samantha!
Old 08-14-2020, 08:32 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I want to sail away from it all right now. The stress surrounding our return to work next week is really getting to me. I'm reading a very long and detailed guide put out by the team in charge of compliance and it's causing my blood pressure to rise.

Good to see you back, Manta. Stick around, yeah?
And welcome to Samantha, FinalCall, and Lixie. It's fun here on the weekends! And we go all week, new thread starts on Thursdays every week, but we keep chatting right up until then.
Old 08-14-2020, 09:25 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Magsie

Bim, I was easily confused then. I know it’s about 1am Saturday in Australia but I was just about to get my map out (well google earth) lol.
These days all seem the same nowadays.
gorgeous photo of momma kangaroo and baby.

Congratulations on your wedding Samantha.

Marty, hope you can make some sense of the guide work has put out and only take what you need from it. Enjoy your weekend. Are you up for some kayaking?
Old 08-14-2020, 09:35 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Samantha

I didnt make it through yesterday but I WILL make it through the weekend.