Notices

Sailing away from it all, 14-17 August 2020 - Weekenders

Old 08-13-2020, 02:26 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Don’t beat yourself up SnoozyQ! And don’t follow the path I took. 20 months sober, had a drink and then 6 months later back where I started. You’re here, you’re trying and you can do this! X
Old 08-13-2020, 02:28 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

It's always so great to see people posting again whether they've slipped or just been busy.

Great job on three days Samantha, please stick around.

Had a lot of rigorous walking at work today and my legs are a little sore, so I hope your happy Midnight.

Road rage is so crazy. I guess that people let themselves get too infuriated in traffic, or just have an anger management issue like the guy Kaily encountered.
Old 08-13-2020, 02:31 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

lovely to see you back Manta
Old 08-13-2020, 02:40 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

I’m in for the sailing trip this weekend, thanks Mags Although I’m a bit seasick at the moment, headache and bellyache, so I might have to just lay in a hammock on deck and get some rest and fresh air. If I get too bad, just drop me off on an island somewhere and I’ll lay under a palm tree and sleep... this is my 8th sober weekend in a row

Snoozy the important thing is you’re still here . I had over a year sober (mid 2018-2019). Then I drank. Repeatedly. And it’s taken me another year before I’ve managed to accumulate any more than a few weeks sober at a time. I was so disappointed and mad at myself too. Repeatedly! But I’m back at nearly 8 weeks again (my longest stretch in ages, since I had that year). But the thing is, I kept coming back here and trying, I didn’t give up trying for a sober life. And that sober year wasn’t wasted.

Your sober time isn’t wasted. You’ve learned heaps of things and built sober muscles. You know yourself better now. And you’re back here. You can do this. A mess up doesn’t put you right back at the start. You still have those sober years and experiences. It’s ok. You’re here with your SR family and we get it. We’ve got your back. And you’re gonna be ok ❤️

Manta!!!! Sooooooo good to see you again, I’m so happy you’re back! ❤️

Kaily! Thanks for the Alfie picture! Really! It just reminded me of a wonderful dream I had last night that I’d forgotten. I could bend my legs and push off the ground with my feet, to spring up into the air and fly! Wow! It was an awesome feeling, I’m just recapturing the feeling of weightlessness in the air

Kaily and Captain some people can be so unpleasant. I’m sorry you both had those experiences.
Captain that reminds me of the massage I had yesterday, although entirely different circumstances but at one stage the massage lady was slapping me around the head repeatedly. Not really hard, but quite firmly. I have had a lot of massages, and have never ever been slapped around the head like that. It was bizarre.
Has anyone experienced that before during a massage??? It wasn’t a great massage overall and I won’t be going back there. I only went because I had a gift voucher and I figured I should use it while I can, as we don’t have Covid here, but I’m sure it’s just a matter of time.

Bahahaha Kaily re losing a piece of the jigsaw

Bim yes I have been posting in quite a few threads,I’m finding it really helps me stay sober if I spend at least an hour or often 2 hours every morning (and sometimes at night) checking in on SR

Old 08-13-2020, 02:45 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Oh my goodness, that was quite a novel, I didn’t intend to write so much,but once I get chatting.....
Old 08-13-2020, 02:59 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I've said it before. More posting, not editing! Willow.

Manta, so what else have you been up to? Any fun trips? You working from home or not working? Or is it none of my business? Fair enough if you aren't ready to talk.

I could talk all the live-long day but you guys would get so tired of me. I am my mother's daughter and she could tell a s t o r y. With every detail. And no breathing between sentences, bless her.
Old 08-13-2020, 03:13 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Great to see you MantaLady! Good on you for posting.

Welcome to Weekenders Samantha, congratulations on 3 days!

Well done on 8 weekends Willow.

Kaily, have you tried looking for that jigsaw piece under the coffee table?
Old 08-13-2020, 03:26 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

I'm happy you're here, MantaLady! And welcome to all others!

We used to have a boat (well, we still have a boat but no motor). It was fun to go crabbing or just cruise the islands. Here is a view of Cypress Island, which I can also (barely) see from where I am sitting now:

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg
IMG_4648.jpeg (8.6 KB, 63 views)
Old 08-13-2020, 03:36 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Snoozy, please don't beat yourself up, use what happened as a learning curve. I admire you greatly for coming straight back and talking about it. I only wish I'd done that back in 2016 when I drank after being sober for over 12 months instead of then drinking myself silly for a further 12 months. You can do this, stick with us xxx

Count me in on your boat trip, I'm actually going to the beach tomorrow in Southport with the 3 g.kiddo's and I can't wait, it's been a while.

I'm off to bed now so goodnight all. xx
Old 08-13-2020, 04:03 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

MantaLady, welcome back and please never leave us again. It's only recently that I've realized how important SoberRecovery is to me. Instead of searching for a hit of crack or booze, I search for a post to read instead and it works. Spending time here is better than being doped up. Rootin for ya.

Old 08-13-2020, 04:11 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to the thread Sam

D
Old 08-13-2020, 09:10 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Weekenders

I’m happy to say the sea is calm and we can head for a quiet (except for us) beach to walk, relax, swim, dive, kayak and build sand castles. Oh and eat.

Anyone joining now, jump on board, it’s going to be a good weekend.
Old 08-13-2020, 09:49 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Thanks for the many posts!

Welcome back Manta! As an added bonus you no doubt saw that all the SR tech issues have been sorted out beautifully. I’m so glad you’re back.

Old 08-13-2020, 09:53 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Kaily, have you tried looking for that jigsaw piece under the coffee table?
And if it’s not there, I’d look in my “deleted items” folder.
Old 08-13-2020, 10:46 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

I looked everywhere for that missing piece. The only conclusion is that the dog ate it.
Unless Bim hid it to stop me beating her time... Yeah that'll be it.

Willow, I can honestly say I have never had a massage in my life. Often I feel I could do with one but, dunno, I don't think I would be able to relax in the hands of a stranger. Well done on your sober time, 8 weeks = 2 months!

And on your 42 days Captain.

Mags glad all is well on the good ship weekenders.

I am buying a secondhand, new to me car. My old one is very old without A/C. I always have self doubt about everything. I have been looking since February but then lockdown came and put pay to that for a while. A few weeks ago I had one moved hundreds of miles across the country then didn't buy it. I suddenly got commitment fear.

Monday another one is coming. Thing is I think I have forgotten that I am not a teenager! Gonna look like a ageing, female boy racer. I loved it when I pressed the button last week and now don't. I can't keep messing the dealer about like this. I wish I knew my own mind. . I should be excited but I just feel worried. Don't like change.

I sound ungrateful but I can assure you I'm not, just want to get it right.
Old 08-14-2020, 12:00 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

I'm looking forward to my first Saturday hangover free in too long. It will be an early start and I am trying to put together a rough plan of how to fill my day. I have some gardening chores and 3 young kids to entertain. If anybody has some suggestions to fill in the little gaps in between I would love to hear them.
Old 08-14-2020, 12:58 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Magsie

Kaily, it’s a big decision deciding on a car. That much choice and finding the right suitability isn’t easy. I hope this is the right one on Monday but if not there’ll be plenty more to chose from.

Finalcall, Enjoy your sober day. Do you like cooking/baking or reading? Though I imagine gardening and three young kids would be enough to keep you busy.
Old 08-14-2020, 01:41 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

I'm in for a sober weekend! My three kids left yesterday (two for school and one went back to her dad's) and I'm trying not to think about them. Will rather focus on a wonderful weekend with my partner, planning our wedding and getting prepared for next week. Gosh, can you believe I'm going back to college at the age of 48?
Sooo looking forward to my new life - SOBER!!!

Day 9 and all is well. Wish you all a happy, sober weekend!
Old 08-14-2020, 01:43 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Checking in. Hope everyone is doing and feeling well. I’m happy to say we finally got power back after a storm hit Monday. Has to buy a generator to keeping the medical machinery going.

im lucky I can afford necessities and can manage work and taking are of my true love.

again, this is more manageable and less stressful sober. I can also see the positives —when I drink, all I see are negatives.

Have an excellent Friday.

thanks for being here all. Thanks SR.

B
Old 08-14-2020, 01:45 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

And sorry for the typos....I’m on my phone in the dark without glasses.... that’ll do it!