Notices

Sailing away from it all, 14-17 August 2020 - Weekenders

Old 08-13-2020, 05:35 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

SnoozyQ...so sorry you had that relapse. However, it does not erase your gains over the past two years. You had a lapse in judgement maybe because the old addictive voice kicked in and told you it would be ok with no consequences. We are living in a world where drinking is the norm, afterall. But it's anything but normal!

It seems to me like you've caught yourself just in time. I don't believe you'll drink again because you just scared the crap out of yourself. Maybe you can use this experience to cultivate an even greater sense of gratefulness over your sobriety.

All that said, you actually achieved happiness in sobriety. Do you know how precious that is? There are many others who are fighting the battle for long stretches but haven't figured out to get to the happiness...you're already there!

Get back on the horse and maybe keep an eye out for the next person who does what you did. You could have a lot to offer to people relapsing after long stretches.

Take it easy on yourself.
Old 08-13-2020, 06:22 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

In for another sober weekend.

I don't drink.

No matter what.

No virus, illness, loss, death, windfall, argument, frustration, excitement, nothing, nadda, no way Jose. I cannot give One Inch. So I won't.

Thanks for the thread, Mags. I could use a nice sailing trip.

Old 08-13-2020, 07:41 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Welcome aboard, Mummyto2 and FinalCall. Good to see you, also, Sober45.

Snoozy, we understand. Try to get to the bottom of what went wrong, shore up the holes in your ship, make the necessary adjustments and, most importantly, move forward in sobriety. we are with you.

Kaily, glad that Alfie enjoyed his swim. Wouldn’t it be great if we could create buoyancy on land?

Thank you, Mags for another fine thread. Great idea to sail away for a Sober Weekend with such fine folks.
Old 08-13-2020, 07:56 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SnoozyQ View Post
Hello everyone.

I have been speaking to my dear friend Mags and she has encouraged me to come and talk.

i don’t even know where to start , I have been the happiest I have been in years, my relationship with my hubby has never been better , we are doing up our house , I HAD. A DRINK . I FEEL LIKE AN ABSOLUTE FAILURE .

im almost 2 years sober . How can I possibly feel like drinking in the midst of such happiness ? Isn’t it supposed to work in reverse ? When you’re sad and down and feeling hopeless.

i am just so very disappointed in myself , I truly need some support and some advice.

I hope you can help me somehow. Thanks xxx

much love

Wendy xx
Sorry to hear that you drank, Wendy. This 'thing' never gives up, it's pretty relentless, even if we haven't drank in a long time, it's always in the background, waiting.

Use this as an invaluable learning experience, you can't do much more as beating yourself up will accomplish nothing. Keep the faith and learn.
Old 08-13-2020, 08:12 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post

Kaily, glad that Alfie enjoyed his swim. Wouldn’t it be great if we could create buoyancy on land?
Ha, like this?

Old 08-13-2020, 08:38 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi Weekenders, just a quick check-in and thanks Mags.

Snoozy, sorry to hear of that. I had a relapse after a good stretch, but here I am back at 41 days.

Kaily, I hope you have better treatment at the hands of your fellow shoppers next time you go out. It’s just awful and reminds me of an incident many years ago when another motorist, for now reason at all, got out his car and slapped me on the head through the open driver’s window!

By the way, I hope to hear that the photo of Alfie and his aerobatics was taken within a day or two ago and that his on the mend. I may have missed something in a previous post and will have quick look. And if I ever come to England again I’ll know to recognize you as the lady in that park who is blowing bubbles.

Old 08-13-2020, 08:42 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thanks Captain. No it is an old pic. He is okay but not up to that just now. Well he would be if I let him but would suffer later.

What a terrible thing to happen to you, there are some dangerously strange people about. Must of been so scary.

Old 08-13-2020, 08:44 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Yes, just like that, Kaily! 😊

CaptainHaddock, sometimes there are just no explanations. . . Crazy.
Old 08-13-2020, 08:55 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I'm in for another sober Weekend.

Welcome to Weekenders Finalcall, Mummy and Sober45!

Congratulations on shotgun BEELS.

Good to see you Snoozy, at least it sounds like a brief relapse, mentally upsetting but not damaging physically.

I have seen the occasional road rage incident, they are most disturbing.

A sailing trip sounds like heaven right now. The heat is not the highest though it is still high but the humidity is worse than ever. No rain so far.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
20200813_164203-798x593.jpg (72.5 KB, 61 views)
Old 08-13-2020, 09:08 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I’m in for a sober weekend!! On day 9, and love the idea of sailing away!! We have big plans to get outside with the kids for some hiking and doing some cleaning and organizing of several neglected spots around the house!! Happy to be here with the weekenders!!
Old 08-13-2020, 09:09 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Welcome, pinkbutterfly !

What a lovely vessel, Sao.
Old 08-13-2020, 09:20 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Today's online puzzle has a sailboat....beat my time...should be easy to beat

this is just a snip of the corner. /spoiler

https://thejigsawpuzzles.com/
Old 08-13-2020, 09:45 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Have you encountered that suspected random AA group again Bimini? I am interested in this narrative, lol.
Old 08-13-2020, 09:57 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, weekenders!

Thank you for the new thread, Mags!

I remember how much fun we had last time at our sailing adventures.

Had a couple of challenging days..The tooth (or where it used to be) is healing ok.

Originally Posted by owen90 View Post
Sounds great! I intend to sit on my lazy behind, watch films and eat chocolate 🤣
Owen! I've been away just for two days and you are already planning this?
Old 08-13-2020, 09:59 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Magsie

Bim, the jigsaw is a piece of cake for you I should think.

Nice yacht Saou. The water is so calm.

Hiya Mummyto2 , FinalCall and pinkbutterfly

it’s humid here too. A waterfall leading into a small lake would be nice to come across. I’ve always wanted to walk behind a small waterfall. Nice and cooling too. Anyone for a swim?
Old 08-13-2020, 10:39 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I’m in.

Snoozy, it took courage for you to come here and admit to your drinking. Thanks for doing that. It’s a potent reminder that the beast lives on in all of us, even when things seem to be going well. It’s great that you could stop at one. This time. If there’s a next time it might not go that way, and I know you know that. So don’t let there be a next time, ok? 😊

I’m in a bit of a foul mood. I know exactly why, and there’s not much I can do about it except work on my attitude about it. It’s about work. I won’t go into all the details. It’s just the usual stuff, but I’m getting tired of it. I felt so free and relaxed on my little mini vacation, and not even 2 days back and all of the benefits of taking a break are erased. Sigh. I’ll figure out a way to move past the bad mood. This would have been just the perfect excuse for me to drink, in the past. But I don’t drink, so that’s not an option. I’ll have to settle for other tactics.
Old 08-13-2020, 10:40 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue View Post
Owen! I've been away just for two days and you are already planning this?
Who, me? *hides behind a tree*
Old 08-13-2020, 11:08 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Snoozy, dear, please, don't beat yourself up.

As unfair as it sounds, chances are that feeling so good is what set you up for a slip. I wouldn't call it a relapse. You pulled the emergency brake and stopped it. I'll send you a pm.

Hugs.
Old 08-13-2020, 11:57 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Bim, I tried the jigsaw. Somehow managed to lose a virtual piece, and gave up!

MLD sorry your work is so stressful just now. Such difficult times.

Midnight apart from french bread I have been very good. Unlike that Owen .
Glad you are healing well.

Welcome Pinkbutterfly.
Old 08-13-2020, 12:17 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Owen, it wasn't a suspected AA meeting, it WAS an AA meeting. One of the guys was reading out of the Big Book, and some other people had them. One guy looked in my direction and I did the sign language for, "drinking," and he winked at me, nodded and smiled. I'm sure it's a spinoff from one of the big meetings in the area that are not meeting indoors right now. There have always been outdoor meetings in the summer. It was really early on Sunday morning, so I haven't been to that spot in the same time frame again yet.

Kaily, it's literally impossible to lose a piece of an online puzzle...you're pulling my leg? Always the jokester.

I just found a credit card on the ground...

It's a neighbor's. No, I won't buy something for myself.