SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   this really sucks (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/448970-really-sucks.html)

2muchpain 08-12-2020 04:35 PM

this really sucks

Being alone really sucks, especially during COVID. John

NONIA 08-12-2020 04:39 PM

I agree .

AlbaSober 08-12-2020 04:42 PM

Hi John you posted on here for companionship and I thank your for this. Post away mate and you'll get loads of replys. If you wanna PM me I'd be delighted for a talk because I cannot have enough pals in the struggle against the booze. XX

Dee74 08-12-2020 04:50 PM

I'm sorry you feel that way John - its tough.
Will you be working when school goes back?

D

Anna 08-12-2020 04:57 PM

I'm sorry you feel alone, John, but you know that you have lots of friends here at SR.

least 08-12-2020 05:04 PM

It's tough these days. :( I'm sending you hugs from Ohio. :hug:

Silver11 08-12-2020 05:08 PM

I know the feeling. Loneliness is one thing. But trying to stay sober too is a real challenge for me at times. Keep posting. We’re all friends here!

biminiblue 08-12-2020 05:10 PM

Ya know, there is a "chat" feature...down in the bottom right corner...real-time talking may be helpful to someone.

Hevyn 08-12-2020 05:18 PM

Hi John. I know many who are feeling the same. This has been an incredible challenge for us. I'm glad you posted. Please know you're not alone in feeling this way. :hug:

LumenandNyx 08-12-2020 05:23 PM

Some ideas for things to do while you're alone:

Give self a foot rub
Clean
Pet animals
Go outside for a walk
Read
Color
Start a blog
Write your memoir
Listen to music
Dance
Listen to music AND dance
Visit your neighbor
Bake cookies

:)

I'm alone all the time and I quite like it. But then again, I enjoy my own company and think I'm really funny.

Can you think of just one thing to do that might make you feel happier?

anxiousrock 08-12-2020 05:57 PM

I'm sorry you feel like that. Isolation really does such. But we are here for you :)

Misssy2 08-12-2020 07:16 PM

Hi John...I feel the same way....I am alone also...and it is the worst feeling....You kinda made me feel like not so alone at being alone...I hope I can make you feel the same...because nothing is worse...but if we continue to be sober..we will eventually have the motivation to do whatever it takes to not be alone....For now I pacify myself and tell myself (you need this time to recover your body from the damage and sometimes that perks me up a little bit)...enough to go to the store or take a ride and feel more alone...LOL....but at least I get out to pass some of the "alone time" and sometimes I talk the poor cashiers heads off....don't care...LOL

Philemon 08-12-2020 08:28 PM

I find a walk in the park gives plenty of people to talk to. There are a lot of people live alone and they are always happy to talk when they are out for a walk.

BeABetterMan 08-12-2020 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by 2muchpain (Post 7493764)
Being alone really sucks, especially during COVID. John

I am almost always alone and it really messes with my mind. Loneliness is a constant issue in my life. It is only recently that I have learned to not let it impact my sobriety. I am choosing to have faith that once I am comfortable being alone I will be presented with opportunity to be with others again. Truth is my drinking has chased off every good person in my life. Until I can be sane and sober it doesn’t make sense to try to build relationships.

Delilah1 08-12-2020 09:19 PM

Hi John,

I am glad you posted. There are lots of people on here to make you feel less alone.💗

ZIP 08-12-2020 09:25 PM

Hey John,
Personally, I enjoy the peace and quiet of being by myself, but I go out and do a lot of walking everyday. Gives me a chance to connect and chat with others, particularly those folks being home from job layoffs.
Some outdoor exercise and brain refreshment...
Maybe you could give it try?

2muchpain 08-13-2020 05:13 AM

Not sure about going back to school when it opens. Might just work one or two days a week to make a few bucks. Depends on how the schools are set up. John

2muchpain 08-13-2020 05:14 AM

Thanks everybody for all your responses. Helps a lot. John

thomas11 08-13-2020 05:26 AM

Hey John, try to keep your chin up. I know its hard, its hard for those of us who are not alone. God knows I spiraled. Thinking of you bud.

Bethany57 08-13-2020 06:44 AM

Yeah....it is really hard. I'm sorry your feeling this way.