Notices

this really sucks

Old 08-13-2020, 08:49 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Keep talking to us, John!
Old 08-13-2020, 11:01 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi John, I agree. Can you go out and do socially distanced stuff with others? A hike but stay 6 feet apart on the trail?
Old 08-13-2020, 11:22 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BeABetterMan View Post
I am choosing to have faith that once I am comfortable being alone I will be presented with opportunity to be with others again.
Well said.

I knew healthy relationships weren’t possible while drinking, but I had to learn that putting down the bottle didn’t automatically make me a well-balanced and relationship-ready person. So I decided to work on the character warts that affected my interactions with others.

The happy and unexpected outcome is that I’ve gotten pretty comfortable with myself, and have raised my standards of what I want out of relationships. I no longer see myself as a hot mess to be tolerated or saved, and this change in perspective has made me realize that relationships, while still desirable, are not required.

I can’t control people coming and going out of my life. What I can do is continue to work on the foundation I have built to meet my own needs to the extent possible, and be ready and open in case the opportunity for close relationships presents itself again.
-bora
Old 08-13-2020, 01:38 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Unfortunately there are no hiking trails where I live, but I've been going to the gym almost every day. Helps to just get out a little and be around people. Plus I've been trying to lose the weight I gained hanging around my apartment for three months. I always feel better when I'm doing something healthy. Of course, I wear a mask and am constantly washing my hands. Disinfect the machines before and after I use them, then wash my hands again when I get home. So far, so good. The people at the gym that are serious about their workouts pretty much stay to themselves, but just getting out and being around other people helps. John
Old 08-13-2020, 04:15 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Good to hear John!