Notices

Day 27.

Old 08-08-2020, 02:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 27.

Lots of things I'm loving about not drinking, although this is no surprise as I've had plenty of cracks at sobriety so I kind of know what to expect up until the 4 month mark.

I feel like a very solitary person. Even though I live with my partner I don't feel like I'm on the same wavelength as the rest of society. Often I find myself withdrawing rather than engaging with people. I react very quickly and emotionally to the slightest conflict or disagreement, I find it very hard to maintain any contentment in relationships. I suppose all of this was a big reason for my drinking.

Taking the booze away is amazing for my physical health, my sleep, my anxiety and my depression but unfortunately it does not solve all of life's problems. Hopefully in time things outside of the obvious benefits will improve.

Old 08-08-2020, 02:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on 27!
Old 08-08-2020, 03:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

congrats on day 27 flowing we are on the same day
Old 08-08-2020, 03:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on day 27 Flowing

for the first thirty days it was all I could do to just not drink, so it sounds to me like you're a little ahead of the curve :

D

Old 08-08-2020, 03:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 27 I struggle to build contented relationships too. I'm a total loner; live alone, no friends and (other than work colleagues) I only speak to my brother, his partner and my parents. I don't even know my neighbour's names, lol. Like you said, hopefully our issues with building/maintaining relationships improves with continued sobriety. Sobriety certainly wont do any harm.
Old 08-08-2020, 04:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Loner here! I always had trouble fitting in and I find social interaction exhausting. For me though, as I’m getting older, I’m more accepting and have come to enjoy solitude. I have a lot of hobbies. That said, with 7 months of sobriety under my belt, I’m connecting more with family. Who knows where this will lead.

Really I wouldn’t worry about it too much right now. As times goes on, things will become clearer and your soul will know what it wants.
Old 08-08-2020, 04:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Flowing View Post
Lots of things I'm loving about not drinking, although this is no surprise as I've had plenty of cracks at sobriety so I kind of know what to expect up until the 4 month mark.

I feel like a very solitary person. Even though I live with my partner I don't feel like I'm on the same wavelength as the rest of society. Often I find myself withdrawing rather than engaging with people. I react very quickly and emotionally to the slightest conflict or disagreement, I find it very hard to maintain any contentment in relationships. I suppose all of this was a big reason for my drinking.

Taking the booze away is amazing for my physical health, my sleep, my anxiety and my depression but unfortunately it does not solve all of life's problems. Hopefully in time things outside of the obvious benefits will improve.
28 days right around the corner, good for you.
Old 08-08-2020, 03:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats on 27!