Notices

Day 2

Old 08-07-2020, 02:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2

Hi all

How is everyone getting on today??

Im feeling pretty good! Sleep werent the greatest last night but sure its been a lot worse before now so im still grateful! Hoping that the anxiety will have subsided quite a lot today 🤞
I did have a few urges last night but I spent so much time reading through all of your posts and playing the tape forward - Also watched a couple of documentaries on nutritional health etc...
Today im going to head into town to collect a few bits from Holland and Barrett, get some groceries for my last day here and then probably head out for a big walk.
I really feel like im at a different stage of recovery like I know i dont need the drink now, that i can go without it and feel much better after a week or two but then I know i get compliant and give in to just that 1-2 and gradually its a bottle of vodka or drinking wine in the car before going back into the house - Even thinking about that now makes me cringe!!
Trying to manifest a lot of positivity though to get through these early days and beyond. I hope you all have a beautiful day
Old 08-07-2020, 03:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Greenstar,

Congrats on day 2 and thanks for a really positive post. You sound full of hope and a big walk on day 2 is great I could barely walk to the bathroom on my day 2!
Old 08-07-2020, 03:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go on day 2 Green Star

D
Old 08-07-2020, 04:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

I'm on day two as well. We can do this!
Old 08-07-2020, 04:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats on Day 2 and glad you are feeling positive.
Old 08-07-2020, 05:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats! You seem to be following a very similar path to mine. Do what you're doing today everyday and very soon, the cringe will leave. I also spent time rethinking alcohol on a larger scale:
-how it affects our health care system
-how big corporation are stuffing it down or throats through advertising
-How the industry is making money from our pain. I bet some of the big wigs don't even drink.

The more I learned on this side of things, the more determined I became to NOT be someone's puppet.

I think you're on a path to happiness in sobriety. Awesome!
Old 08-07-2020, 05:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Originally Posted by Sober45 View Post
Congrats! You seem to be following a very similar path to mine. Do what you're doing today everyday and very soon, the cringe will leave. I also spent time rethinking alcohol on a larger scale:
-How the industry is making money from our pain. I bet some of the big wigs don't even drink.

The more I learned on this side of things, the more determined I became to NOT be someone's puppet.

Very good points! I hadn't thought about this before, but it is so true!
Old 08-07-2020, 06:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by someday147 View Post
Hi Greenstar,

Congrats on day 2 and thanks for a really positive post. You sound full of hope and a big walk on day 2 is great I could barely walk to the bathroom on my day 2!
Thank you, Someday! 😊
I managed over 5km and have been to two different sightseeing spots which are beautiful! I think this time around the withdrawals are much easier managed cause I've had a lot more sober time. I just need to remember how easy it is to fall down that hole of daily excessive drinking and how a relapse could make things sooo much worse!
Old 08-07-2020, 06:12 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
way to go on day 2 Green Star

D
Thank you, Dee
Old 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lixie View Post
I'm on day two as well. We can do this!
We absolutely can! And will 😀
How are you feeling??
Old 08-07-2020, 06:14 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mary88 View Post
Congrats on Day 2 and glad you are feeling positive.
Thank you, Mary! Just neet to stay positive and not let the guilt or anxiety overpower
I hope you're well
Old 08-07-2020, 06:19 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sober45 View Post

Thank you, Sober! Really appreciate your message and what you are saying
Over the last year or so I've been doing a lot of research on addiction and recovrry etc but never really down the corporate route so definitely something to check out!
I know I've got this, I really do. I suppose right now its still early from the hurt I caused and what I've lost but im trying to not dwell and let myself get in that mind frame - I've just never been in this position before but its something to learn and grow from.
Overall im feeling pretty good though and extremely hopeful.
I hope you're doing good!
Old 08-07-2020, 07:47 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Well done on day 2 and what a lovely positive post...it sounds like you are in a good frame of mind and that's invaluable xxx
Old 08-07-2020, 08:18 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Originally Posted by GreenStar26 View Post
We absolutely can! And will 😀
How are you feeling??
Thanks for asking. My feelings are all over the place. Earlier today I was happy, elated that I had made the decision not to drink. But later, as the usual stresses of the day presented themselves I felt the familiar urge to get something to drink. And then, when I realized I have stopped, I felt a pang of sadness. Now, I'm more proud, I guess, that I can think of myself as a non-drinker, and I will not buy any alcohol today.
How about you?
Old 08-08-2020, 09:59 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lixie View Post
Thanks for asking. My feelings are all over the place. Earlier today I was happy, elated that I had made the decision not to drink. But later, as the usual stresses of the day presented themselves I felt the familiar urge to get something to drink. And then, when I realized I have stopped, I felt a pang of sadness. Now, I'm more proud, I guess, that I can think of myself as a non-drinker, and I will not buy any alcohol today.
How about you?
Sometimes all we need is for someone to reach out and ask how we are 🙂 I understand exactly how you're feeling...It is a sad feeling but i think in time we will feel so proud of ourselves for achieving something that we never even thought would be an issue. No one expects to be addicted to any form of drug but we're strong and we can get through this.
Im so proud of you for not buying alcohol...It takes so much strength 💛
Old 08-08-2020, 10:01 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gabe1980 View Post
Well done on day 2 and what a lovely positive post...it sounds like you are in a good frame of mind and that's invaluable xxx
Thank you, gabe!
I never want to end up in the position i was in less than a year ago...Inner strength is crucial
Old 08-08-2020, 11:34 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Originally Posted by GreenStar26 View Post
Sometimes all we need is for someone to reach out and ask how we are 🙂 I understand exactly how you're feeling...It is a sad feeling but i think in time we will feel so proud of ourselves for achieving something that we never even thought would be an issue. No one expects to be addicted to any form of drug but we're strong and we can get through this.
Im so proud of you for not buying alcohol...It takes so much strength 💛
You have that strength too, my friend.
Old 08-08-2020, 12:31 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Two days sober is a great start. The physical withdrawals should last only a few more days. Then you can come up with a plan to stay sober, no matter what!
Old 08-08-2020, 02:51 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Day three today Green star? Congratulations and great job being positive so early!