Notices

Class of August 2020 Part 1

Old 08-14-2020, 01:14 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  

3:00am Friday morning in the US. Really wish I could sleep until at least 4. Five hours of sleep isn't getting it done. Dog-sitting this weekend for my daughter, who is going on a short weekend trip. Will be nice to have the furry company.

Sending love and support to all of you. Keep going. Try to learn from your setbacks. But keep putting one foot in front of the other.
Old 08-14-2020, 01:17 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lixie View Post
I'm in a great mood today, even though I slept terribly. Just found out that instagram is more than looking at your friend's endless photos of vacation pics, mountain treks and Friday drinks. Have started to follow a lot of sober people and have found that if I surround myself with people on the same journey as me is so meaningful! The stories, pictures and quotes... If I start every day with a good dose of those, it makes my day so much better! I am SO HAPPY that I have made the decision never to drink again!
Good for you Lixie! Your optimism just made me smile and already improved my day, so thank you!
Old 08-14-2020, 01:18 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Originally Posted by James2020 View Post
3:00am Friday morning in the US. Really wish I could sleep until at least 4. Five hours of sleep isn't getting it done. Dog-sitting this weekend for my daughter, who is going on a short weekend trip. Will be nice to have the furry company.

Sending love and support to all of you. Keep going. Try to learn from your setbacks. But keep putting one foot in front of the other.
Man, that's early... Hopefully your sleep will improve soon. And what a treat for the weekend, having a dog around! I wish...

Big hug!
Old 08-14-2020, 04:10 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

I always find that my sleep is really affected in the early days of not drinking, especially when we've been using alcohol for a long time.. Hopefully it will get better really soon for you
Old 08-14-2020, 04:18 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Just back from completing week 1 day 3 of couch to 5k. Got that sweet runner's high. A lot better than being drunk and helping lift my depression
Old 08-14-2020, 04:35 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
Just back from completing week 1 day 3 of couch to 5k. Got that sweet runner's high. A lot better than being drunk and helping lift my depression
Congrats FF! Love that runner's high. I'm shooting for 3 miles tomorrow morning. Exercise does so much to raise the spirits.
Old 08-14-2020, 04:48 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Congrats FF! Love that runner's high. I'm shooting for 3 miles tomorrow morning. Exercise does so much to raise the spirits.
Nice one! Can't wait to finish c25k and do some 3 mile runs of my own. I used to be able to but I've gotten very out of shape. But now I'm sober and determined to be fit again.
Old 08-14-2020, 04:57 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Freedom, I am so proud of you! I remember some of your older posts where you were debating whether or not to buy beer or running shoes. Look at you now. You should be proud of yourself for all the progress you’re making. Now, if I can only make it past day 2, I’d feel proud too.

Still working on this folks. I’ll be committed to posting as soon as I get my act together.
Old 08-14-2020, 05:02 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

My cousin Andy was in the navy Nic, and then joined the police force. Now he is a senior detective constable something or other.
It is amazing that he could....he is only my height, 5 ft 4.....that was a huge game changer for Australians when the height rule went down.
One of my best friends and ex-boss is also a big wig in the Vic police....it is a pretty fantastic career in Aus I think.

And welcome to the group.

And hello everyone....with you all the way! s ❤️
Old 08-14-2020, 05:03 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Post away dear Jewel.....the more support the better I think. s ❤️
Old 08-14-2020, 05:26 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
My cousin Andy was in the navy Nic, and then joined the police force. Now he is a senior detective constable something or other.
It is amazing that he could....he is only my height, 5 ft 4.....that was a huge game changer for Australians when the height rule went down.
One of my best friends and ex-boss is also a big wig in the Vic police....it is a pretty fantastic career in Aus I think.

And welcome to the group.

And hello everyone....with you all the way! s ❤️
Thanks honey..

Yes My ex- hubby is ex Navy and we have military through both sides of the family, same with the Police so I'm not at all surprised of their career choices!
Old 08-14-2020, 06:27 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Sorry. Nothing positive today. World fell apart yesterday when I overheard a conversation between Mrs. and my son where she was doing her best to turn him against me - and probably has. At one point he said "Why don't you throw his ***** out". Her treachery is unbelievable - but for the last time. I am so very done. She said after 40+ years she's had enough. Guess what? After 40+ years the only thing keeping me with you was the fear of a bad reaction from my son. You cut that string. Nothing left to keep me in misery.

I really need to get Ruthless Ruthie. I could sure use some cuddles from a warm soft furball.
Old 08-14-2020, 06:30 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

(((Charon))) ❤️

I am so sorry.....that is a horrible thing to overhear.
I hope your son was just reacting to whatever was said to him, and given time he will realise there are two sides to all of this. There always is.
I hope you can feel the cyber hugs we are sending. s
And I hope it isn't long till sweet puppy gets to come home with you. s
Old 08-14-2020, 07:50 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
Good job! Maybe I should get my butt out there before work and get a run/walk/slow shuffle in.
Old 08-14-2020, 07:56 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Good morning. Have to be off to work in a few hours, and I'll be there for the rest of the day, basically. So just wanted to do a quick check-in beforehand. Day 2 here.
Old 08-14-2020, 08:14 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

I'm off to work in a few hours as well. Day four and woke up feeling pretty good.

Charon - huge hugs That's a terrible thing to have happen. Glad you're here and talking about it

James - enjoy the fur-baby. They are the absolute best!
Old 08-14-2020, 05:11 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Good morning, sobhoes!

It's day four. Binged on cookies. Not good. But diet starts now. Going to head for a walk at 6am.

[Q​​UOTE=DariaM;7494633]Good job! Maybe I should get my butt out there before work and get a run/walk/slow shuffle in.[/QUOTE]

You totally should. Exercise is great for the mind and body.
Old 08-15-2020, 02:14 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

I'm going for the slow shuffle today, my foot hurts and I don't want to risk it getting worse.

Day 10 here. Wish you all a happy, sober Saturday!
Old 08-15-2020, 02:22 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lixie View Post
I'm going for the slow shuffle today, my foot hurts and I don't want to risk it getting worse.
Sounds like a good plan Lixie. How's the weather in Norway today? So intrigued by your country. What part are you from?

Old 08-15-2020, 02:40 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Sounds like a good plan Lixie. How's the weather in Norway today? So intrigued by your country. What part are you from?
I'm from Trondheim, just in the middle, and I own a house just a few miles from Hell. But right now I'm studying at a college in a tiny village in the West, with high mountains and fjords and glaciers and all. It's cloudy today, with temperatures around 17 degrees Celcius.

This is Volda: