SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Day 78 still in a bit of fog (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/448738-day-78-still-bit-fog.html)

stickyone 07-31-2020 09:57 AM

Day 78 still in a bit of fog

Just woken up feeling anxiety and irritated. I'm at he the safest place to be. But still feeling non productive I just want to lay down and not do anything. This has been almost 4 days. I don't have cravings to use just really fustrated by this . I know that using will not make anything better for sure, this moment has brought alot of emotions up. I've been on a good schedule wake up eat breakfast, meditate go to work then go home exercise and read some through out the day. Then care for my children. So I've been focusing alot on self care. This PAWS has made my schedule very difficult, I still do everything accept I needed to take a break from work. I guess the feeling of taking time off of work feels like I'm going through withdrawal and just hiding.

2ndhandrose 07-31-2020 11:46 AM

Hi stickyone, I experienced a lot of anxiety, irritation, brain fog and more in my early days of sobriety. I didn't have kids to care for and it was still a lot!

I hope this passes soon. In my own experience, I eventually came out the other side and was so grateful to have remained sober even in the toughest of times.

:grouphug:

D122y 07-31-2020 01:28 PM

I didn't know for decades that each time I quit and started up again, the kindling was escalating.

The permanent brain damage was getting deeper and deeper.

As long as I keep remembering that life does not get any easier and handling it totally stone cold clean is the best and brightest way.

Drinking myself a little tipsy every blue moon would end up leading me to a night or 2 a month where the bottle of fancy whisky disappears. Then all the other horrible things begin again.

So many folks drink too much and live in a world of denial and lies. They put on a fake face and venture out, hurting from drinking, and craving their next buzz.

Booze is poison. SR saved my life.

Suffering and time was the only way out. The addiction is waiting patiently in the shadows for the rest of my life.

Thanks.

Anna 07-31-2020 01:33 PM

Day 78 is great.

I think it's good to remember that there will always be days when you don't feel terrific. It's part of life, I believe, and the main thing to know is that it won't last. You will feel better soon. Have patience as you move through recovery. :)

stickyone 07-31-2020 01:49 PM

Thank you everyone for the support. My wife was able to get me a online appointment with my old doctor who had helped me in the past with PTSD. He was a very great doctor but due to medical coverage I wasn't able to continue. Even though he is on a different network he wanted to see where I am at which was like 6 years since we last spoke. I've accomplished many things which I am proud of. It would be good to speak to him and see where I go from there.

Abraham 07-31-2020 05:11 PM

Sounds like you are on a good track. Keep it up. 78 days is great.

Dee74 07-31-2020 05:27 PM

glad you got an appointment stickyone :)

D

stickyone 07-31-2020 07:53 PM

Wow everything went well. It's like we never stopped talking since the last time we spoke 6 years ago. This is something that definitely needs to be added to my recovery. Thank you everyone:ValA006:

Soberwolf 07-31-2020 10:34 PM

Well done you x

stickyone 08-01-2020 02:54 PM

Day 79,

The fog is clearing up and I can see the path again. Paws is no joke I'm just so grateful that I didn't use and still have my days clean. I look very much forward to continuing this chapter of my life. And now with the help of a doctor aswell as the wonderful support of everyone here. Im seeing the beautiful things in life.

Dee74 08-02-2020 05:02 PM

I'm glad things are looking better stickyone :)

D

stickyone 08-02-2020 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 7487803)
I'm glad things are looking better stickyone :)

D

Thanks for the support everyone.

BeABetterMan 08-02-2020 09:16 PM

I think it’s great your wife helped you out. The two of you noticed the funk you were in and took action. What a success story. Great job. Bring home flowers tomorrow ;)

least 08-02-2020 09:26 PM

The first few months can be a roller coaster ride at times. Just remember that "this too shall pass". :) It gets better. :)