Notices

Set a date for tomorrow

Old 08-01-2020, 01:27 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

I believe you are mixing meds with booze.

I have no experience with that. I heard the recovery is a new level of hell on earth.

Something about dealing with the half life of meds is much much much longer than booze. In my experience, that means it hurts more for a longer time.

I still suffer periodically.

The issue is a PTSD kind of thing. Familiar places and feelings cause a fight or flight reaction. Stress triggers.

Basically, it feels crazy. But, knowing this is occurring was half the battle, the other half was suffering and time.

That is the only way I know out.

There are other ways to get the high that booze and drugs offer. Posting here is one of about a million.

Most of us were not born addicted to booze or whatever. It is a learned behavior and it can be unlearned.

Prayers for your speedy recovery.

I could not stop until I had a major mental and physical breakdown and I understand that it seems impossible.

Addiction is fierce.

Love and Thanks.
Old 08-01-2020, 02:03 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=D122y;7487123]I believe you are mixing meds with booze.

I dont know why you think im mixing meds with booze, I dont take meds and dont believe in pharmaceuticals, theyre a lot more harmful than alcohol in my opinion. I would only use them if necessary. Drinking probably is a PTSD reaction as youve said, its something people resort to after stressful life events. I dont know where to begin sometimes in my mind im like a rat lost in a maze. I hope one day i can find my way out
Old 08-01-2020, 02:16 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

My only drug use lately is cannabis and mushrooms. I have used meds and pills in the past though. I use the cannabis medically, its never in excessive amounts, sometimes only once a day and the mushrooms I use very occasionally like a few times a year. Its supposed to be good for depression and anxiety. I dont see them as being harmful and theyre natural
Old 08-01-2020, 02:19 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sometimes you read like you’re deliberately trying to rile people up Laura.

Take a look sometime in the marijuana forum here sometime. Natural does not always mean good for us.
I’d put shrooms in the same category.

Neither would be the best thing to defend use of on a newcomers forum on a recovery website IMO.

But...to be fair, I remember how exhausting it was to think I had a terrible problem (with a lot of evidence to back that up) and then literally in the next second decide I was overreacting and be drinking again.

it was like a mental version of a tennis match.

I think finding some therapy, rehab etc could be very useful for you Laura. I really hope you follow through.

D
Old 08-01-2020, 02:27 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Im sorry you feel that way Dee and I hope nobody decides to take my advice. We are all different. Psych meds dont work for me so I tried other things, not saying im right, just being honest about my thoughts because thats what got me into this mess
Old 08-01-2020, 02:33 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I did say I use neither in excess and for medicinal purposes so anyone reading this with a problem shouldnt justify what theyre doing
Old 08-01-2020, 02:41 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

Medicinal shrooms?
Cmon Laura...

I think for your sake we should get off this topic.
D
Old 08-01-2020, 02:45 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Im not going to argue about it. It is a new science, it opens new pathways in our minds. It isnt important to me. Ive had a bag sitting around for months, I can live with or without it but yes mushrooms are being used to treat depression and ptsd anxiety
Old 08-01-2020, 03:11 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I'm sorry things are rough still Laura. It is sad that you cannot see how the use of mushrooms (a felony controlled substance) and marijuana (a highly addictive substance) are keeping those doors of yours swinging open to drinking. The term "natural" disguises many things doesn't it? There are many highly toxic substances that occur naturally but will nevertheless kill us. We don't go ingesting those things though, and neither should you unless they are prescribed by a doctor. And not someone else's doctor. Your doctor. Would you try a few weeks with no weed, illegal substances nor booze? Give it a shot.
Old 08-01-2020, 03:11 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
nez

Psilocybe mushroom contain beta-carbolines. Ingesting beta-carbolines and consuming foods that contain the amino acid tyramine, which is found in beer, cheese, and wines, can increase dramatically blood pressure, leading to hypertensive crisis, stroke, and death.
Old 08-01-2020, 03:31 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Surrendered19 View Post
I'm sorry things are rough still Laura. It is sad that you cannot see how the use of mushrooms (a felony controlled substance) and marijuana (a highly addictive substance) are keeping those doors of yours swinging open to drinking. The term "natural" disguises many things doesn't it? There are many highly toxic substances that occur naturally but will nevertheless kill us. We don't go ingesting those things though, and neither should you unless they are prescribed by a doctor. And not someone else's doctor. Your doctor. Would you try a few weeks with no weed, illegal substances nor booze? Give it a shot.
You may be right but given the option of valiums or antipsychotics to come off alcohol I think cannabis is the safer choice. Ive even had psychiatrists convince me to quit then when I deteriorated admit I was better off with it. I probably would be better off without any substances but its getting to that place thats the challenge. Thats why I mentioned earlier maybe I should seek professional help, maybe I should see a doctor and get those horrendous pharmaceuticals, maybe its the only thing thatll work.
Old 08-01-2020, 04:05 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Administrator

Laura you're not taking the hint - this is the newcomers forum of a recovery board.

You can do whatever you want in your own life, however much the rest of us may agree or disagree, but there are rules here for discussion that everyone must abide by,

2.Outside Agendas: No posts of an overtly political or religious nature OR posts promoting advocacy of particular personal, medical, legal, religious, political, or non-profit causes. The forums are intended for offering mutual personal support related to recovery from addiction or recovery for family and friends. This is our primary purpose. Debating controversial subjects should be taken elsewhere. Limited references are allowed, but the forums should not be used to convert others. Do not post content or links or materials to and from sites that flame someone's person, religious beliefs, race, national background, sexual orientation, or recovery program/method. It is inappropriate to promote the use of alcohol or drugs on our addiction recovery forums.
You're free to start another thread, keeping the rules in mind - but this thread is closed.

Dee
Administrator
SR