Notices

Monday motivation list

Old 07-27-2020, 03:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Monday motivation list

Morning all

Some thoughts I've got today I wanted to share by way of gratitude:-

I like how I'm able to look friends / family in the eye with full honesty, knowing alcohol no longer in my life

I'm grateful I've relieved the bin man of the number of empty cans he was emptying from my recycling bin

I'm grateful my mum and dad, sisters, daughter, girlfriend are still around, that they've accepted I had a problem without judgement, but now they are still here supporting a sober life

Waking up with a clear head, morning hot drink, appetite back, smiling more

Laughter the best medicine

I'm grateful I don't have to go to all my local stores and have ditched my alcohol purchase rotation system, this has been replaced with fewer store trips that include the purchase of healthy food

I'm grateful for living, contributing, every day a new day and gift

I'm grateful for aa, looking forward to my meeting tonight and hearing people share

I'm grateful for my car and drivers licence, the peaceful feeling in the car knowing I'm driving legally, safely, keeping others on the road safe

I'm happy I can work on my relationships and that I say sorry, and mean it!!

I'm grateful to have the feelings of excitement, enthusiasm, joy, well being, power, love, strength, determination, willing back

I'm happy that I have a positive mindset today and confident I can handle whatever the day brings, with peace and inner calm

My family are happy and healthy today

Alcohol is a poison, I am happy today I know this, and I treat it like meth, heroin and crack as that's what category it is

I'm grateful for a glass of orange cordial, with ice and some fresh fruit

​​​​​Brain cells, lots of em, more than yesterday

For the dissapearance of gout and the emergence of walking normally again

I'm grateful for this forum, and everyone in it
Happy sober Monday to everyone

IWNDWYT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-27-2020, 04:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Gratitude for a Monday

Originally Posted by Alcoman447 View Post
Morning all

Some thoughts I've got today I wanted to share by way of gratitude:-

I like how I'm able to look friends / family in the eye with full honesty, knowing alcohol no longer in my life

I'm grateful I've relieved the bin man of the number of empty cans he was emptying from my recycling bin

Waking up with a clear head, morning hot drink, appetite back, smiling more

Laughter the best medicine

I'm grateful I don't have to go to all my local stores and have ditched my alcohol purchase rotation system, this has been replaced with fewer store trips that include the purchase of healthy food

I'm grateful for living, contributing, every day a new day .

I'm grateful to have the feelings of excitement, enthusiasm, joy, well being, power, love, strength, determination, willing back

I'm happy that I have a positive mindset

I'm grateful for this forum, and everyone in it
Happy sober Monday to everyone

IWNDWYT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good morning good morning!!!
i am grateful that you woke up today in such a great mindset, I am a newcomer and reading your post reminds me I get one more day to make a difference.
Old 07-27-2020, 04:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Coz

Lovely post Alcoman - thank you!

Living a sober life is so much better and recognising all the positives that this new way of living brings really does help one smile.
Old 07-27-2020, 05:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

'm grateful I don't have to go to all my local stores and have ditched my alcohol purchase rotation system,
I thought that was just me who did that 😀

It would be quite an eye opener to work on the checkout at a shop that sold alcohol. There’d be the same customers every day with a six pack of beer. A couple of stories spring to mind.

I use to live abroad and went to a supermarket every evening without fail to buy a bottle of wine. I had the sense not to buy in bulk. All the cashiers looked the same to me, but they often said “See you tomorrow”, so they sure remembered me.

Back in the UK, I lived in a village, and the staff at the local shop knew me and my wife. One evening, I went to pay for 4 x 440ml beer and 2 x 187ml wine (yikes, that’s 12 UK units, nearly the weekly recommended limit), and the checkout guy being friendly asked if the beer was for me and the wine for my wife. No, it was all for me!

Old 07-27-2020, 12:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Alco, practicing gratitude is something new that I have added to my recovery plan and it works great doesn't it!
Old 07-27-2020, 12:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm gad to hear you're doing so well.
Old 07-28-2020, 03:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sober Tuesday underway, it was great to get up at 7 this morning, fresh and ready to tackle work!!

Wishing everyone a happy sober tuesday
Old 07-28-2020, 05:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Great post! Grateful to be sober too 🙏
Old 07-28-2020, 10:43 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Great post, Alcoman!