Notices

One week sober

Old 07-25-2020, 09:18 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi, Clane. It's great to have you join us. I, too, see myself in your story. It's a comfort to know we have each other to share with and understand. No one else in my life had the problem I did - they were all social drinkers, & couldn't imagine why I could never just have one. There was never 'one' for me - ever. I wish I hadn't spent years of my life attempting to moderate. I tried every trick - and almost lost my life proving the only answer was to stop all together & never touch a drop.

Congratulations on your 1 wk. & 1 day of precious sobriety!

Old 07-25-2020, 11:15 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
Hi, Clane. It's great to have you join us. I, too, see myself in your story. It's a comfort to know we have each other to share with and understand. No one else in my life had the problem I did - they were all social drinkers, & couldn't imagine why I could never just have one. There was never 'one' for me - ever. I wish I hadn't spent years of my life attempting to moderate. I tried every trick - and almost lost my life proving the only answer was to stop all together & never touch a drop.

Congratulations on your 1 wk. & 1 day of precious sobriety!
thank you. I feel so grateful to be in this place, honestly. Now that I have clarity I really had some close calls and it could have been disastrous. I feel really good and am so grateful for you and this community. Also, although I feel amazing, I am also aware of the “pink cloud” in the beginning so I’m prepared for tough moments and told myself that it will never be an an option...not even a drop. Thanks again for welcoming me!
Old 07-27-2020, 11:12 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi Clane, congratulations on a week. I am getting to this thread a bit late. It will take time to fill in the gap that quitting wine left but it will fill in and you will look back and wonder why you ever did it in the first place.
Old 07-27-2020, 02:38 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Thinking of you, clane - hope it's still going well.