Notices

Chat Room Help

Old 07-22-2020, 07:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Chat Room Help

Hello,
I haven't been here in a few years so things have changed slightly. I clicked on the blue/pink chat bubbles and then typed hello. I can see 40 people are online but no one responded? There was no chat I could see happening at all - maybe I am not in the correct place? It says I am in Recovery Connections room.
Thank you for the help.
Old 07-23-2020, 07:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm not sure but I assume that the light on your name just comes on if you are logged into the site. And I think sometimes if you don't log out and have remember me ticked by login box you appear to be on the site when you are not. I think.
Old 07-23-2020, 08:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Cooper, you were in the right place.

The 40 people were logged on to the site and most likely unaware they were also logged in to Chat.

Your best bet is to ask another member to join you in the Chat room if you want a response.

Chat has indeed changed with the update.

Welcome back!

Old 07-23-2020, 09:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

oh, hey! I just noticed there is a checkbox in the settings where I can say "available to chat." I guess that is enabled by default. I unchecked it and now my name doesn't appear in the chat list. Excellent.

oh. But by going in there, I was automatically put back on the "available" list. Hm. Too bad we can't log out and stay out of there. Kind of defeats the whole "invisible" mode.
Old 07-23-2020, 11:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I was on another recovery site called WQD a while back that has closed. That chat was very active. I wish this one would be more active. I guess it is going to take people going in and using it to get it started. The chatbox on the other site was where people would put if they were in danger of drinking as it was an instant response kind of thing. Needless to say it is used very little unfortunately.
Old 07-24-2020, 06:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone for the messages. When I was here before the chat room was very active so this is different now.
Old 07-24-2020, 07:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yes, it worked and I chatted with someone! Thank you!