Notices

A Little Something To Consider ...

Old 07-21-2020, 09:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up A Little Something To Consider ...

I feel safe making the blanket statement that none of us are getting any younger. I also feel safe making the blanket statement that none of us are guaranteed tomorrow.

Something I notice in the behavior and words of others is that, in general, they seem to not realize that they could just plop over - dead - at any moment. Weird stuff happens to people every day.

I'll be 51 if I make it to my next birthday this upcoming October and I didn't really grasp the value of life before my 50th birthday and I didn't stop drinking until after that. But now that I no longer drink or take life for granted, I can't help but find myself on that train called "Woman!! You literally gave up 20 years of your life! Gone! Poof! Not cool!" Sometimes it's hard to believe I made it through to the other side. Now that I'm over here - I do everything that I love - in moderation.

I exercise
I eat
I eat fatting stuff like french fries - because they're delicious & I love them
I drink strawberry milkshakes
I love assertively
I enjoy nature
I read
I write
I speak my opinion
I let small stuff -----> GO
I (try to) pay attention to details (though sometimes they elude me. Hey, I'm working on it.)

I remind myself that I can be whisked off this planet anytime. And then I ask myself - what's the next important thing I need/want to do. And then I do it. And that's how I live today. And I plan on doing the same thing tomorrow - all while I don't drink alcohol.

What about you?

Old 07-21-2020, 03:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I follow a strict schedule of diet and exercise but I also factor in junk food. I know I have junk food coming at the end of the week so I dont mind, I even enjoy much of the food I'm supposed to be eating.

Sometimes I start worrying about things coming up not so much in the near or long term but in between. I like to worry about stuff. Not that I have a death wish but sometimes I think how do I know I'm even going to be alive when this comes up and here I am wasting time worrying about it.

I'm 45 and sometimes I do get angry at the portion of my life wasted on drinking and drugging. I shouldn't, I mean I'm here now and I suppose its where God wants me to be. I know I may not have too much life or even too much life left blessed with good health at my age. Sometimes I think the way life flies by I'll be in my 60s and 70s in no time. Part of what keeps me sober is the thought of wasting anymore of my life. It's so short even if its 80+ years. Maybe I needed to waste time on drink to learn, to get here, to find God, but I cant waste anymore. I feel like its running out. Another reason I'm so strict on diet and exercise while taking the time to enjoy junk food. I want to be my best but also not completely miss out on life's simple pleasures like pizza and icecream.
Old 07-21-2020, 08:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

One thing I don't think I could stay sober without: gratitude.