Notices

Why drinking during a pandemic is a bad idea

Old 07-17-2020, 02:03 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I’m with you, PuckLuck. So grateful I got sober before this pandemic hit. For me, being isolated and away from work gave me time to heal. Sometimes I just wish the world would stay in the slow lane.
Old 07-17-2020, 02:40 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Free.

I’m drinking.
Do’nt know how to get on the site.
Old 07-17-2020, 03:28 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry to hear that TC.
You've been a good friend helpmate and confidante to others here - why not apply some of that care and wisdom to yourself?

you know drinking is a dead end street - it leads to nowhere, or no where good - why not stop now - drink some water - eat something if you haven't and hit the sack?

D
Old 07-17-2020, 03:41 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Coffee Snob

Originally Posted by TiredCarpenter View Post
I’m drinking.
Do’nt know how to get on the site.

When you sober up TC you should join us in the July Thread. You can get back at it. As Dee said, your posts have been a help to many including myself.
Old 07-17-2020, 03:47 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
OX

Wife and I were complaining about the response to covid where we live (Earth) and it dawned on me that our personal response was inexcusable. We were just drinking every day and using cannabis. Getting ill and gaining weight. Party suffer repeat. Really opened my eyes that I wasn’t taking care of myself.
Old 07-18-2020, 02:08 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by sortofhomecomin View Post
I am convinced that alcohol's association with lung damage is under-researched. I simply don't have the energy I ought to. I am a long time off the cigarettes and very glad to be.
Alcoholic lung disease; respiratory depression; bacterial pneumonia; viral pneumonia; acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS).

Scientists are also pursuing lines of research that suggest that infection from SARS -COV-19 can have long-term adverse effects with the brain and other internal organs.

I've been back to my office since mid-May, and it can be brutal at times on an emotional level.

When it comes to corrupt politicians who lie as a matter of habit and career scientists who've spent decades of their lives mastering the things that drive their curiosity, I'm going with the geeks.
Old 07-18-2020, 03:50 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Worse than compromising my immune system, drinking compromises my personal integrity system.