Notices

30 days but PFFF!

Old 07-15-2020, 01:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

30 days but PFFF!

30 days in

getting tougher to be honest ..AV telling me I’ve done 30 days easy, one nite won’t matter and start again day after ..really!!!

Anyone else get really tired and lethargic around 25 day mark ..I just feel tired and can’t be bothered to do much ..first 25 days I was a buzzing bee !

still trying to quit smoking , on champix now - day 6 ..I’m not sure if there affecting my mood a bit, maybe ..

taken any pleasure out of smoking that’s for sure !

anyway , onwards ..not drinking tonite and AV can get stuffed

also fed up with rotten English summer ! 👎🏻👎🏻🤪
Old 07-15-2020, 02:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

AV telling me I’ve done 30 days easy, one nite won’t matter and start again day after ..really!!!
I did that once and 'took the night off recovery' in 2004 - took me til 2007 to get sober again.

Its simply nonsense RE - don't listen to it

D
Old 07-15-2020, 02:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The weather’s a downer for sure, but you can’t use that as an excuse 😀

And you know if you drink after day 30, it’ll be the same old. You’ve made it doubly hard with the smoking. I’m loathe to say keep one of your habits for now, but if you could give up one for now, it’d be a good start.

I gave up recently enough to remember the first month. I then had a storm in a teacup crisis on day 55 and wanted a drink then more than ever. Luckily I didn’t succumb. Maybe those 54 sober days had given me a tad less craving.

I was never into programs or books, but what are you doing instead of drinking? You need something to get a few more weeks under your belt. I promise you it gets easier after a couple of months, and then you’re really on the road to quitting for good. It’s not due to rain now until Saturday, so have a good rest of the week 👍
Old 07-15-2020, 03:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I found Chantix made me apathetic to everything for a bit. Don’t give up what you have achieved thus far. Give yourself some time to adjust to the meds.
Old 07-15-2020, 03:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on the first of many months sober! Don't give in now!
Old 07-15-2020, 03:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I too decided to have a 'reward night' close to a month in and keep on drinking. Totaled my work truck,2nd DUI, alienated even more family and friends all for "1 night". Acceptance that I can never drink again,for any reason, is what's kept me sober.
Old 07-15-2020, 03:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's hard to get used to dealing with ups and downs in early recovery. Some days are just going to be not great. And, that's okay, because things will look brighter soon. 30 days of sobriety is great.
Old 07-15-2020, 03:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I wrote down all the misery of every relapse and the subsequent misery of withdrawal. Also anything I said or did to someone. Especially the last year. Do that then go read that when you think about drinking again.
How many times can you start over? Physically, mentally and relationships, work etc.
Old 07-15-2020, 03:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Coffee Snob

Originally Posted by rainyengland View Post
Anyone else get really tired and lethargic around 25 day mark ..
Everyday, England. Every. Stinkin'. Day. I think I was born tired

Hang in there, you're really doing great. 1st month is always a (bleep).
Old 07-15-2020, 06:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

29 days in here so right behind you. I agree with the AV starting to talk.
Old 07-15-2020, 08:17 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
p***enger

Sounds like you got the mopes. Trudge it out. It'll pass, and you'll be bright-eyed *and* that sober milestone will be disappearing out of sight in your rear view mirror.
Old 07-16-2020, 03:48 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Congrats on 30!
For me being a stroke stick smoker and also and a drinker, I'm not strong enough to give both of those up at the same time. I picked a battle and selected the drink to give up.

YMMV

Good Luck.
Old 07-16-2020, 04:15 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I think what you're going through is normal. I have 6 months sober. For the first while, I was on cloud 9 I think due to the newness of my sobriety. Then I went through a period of the blahhhs thinking life might never be enjoyable again without alcohol. I took a break from everything, even SR (which was risky behavior on my part). BUT, after the 4th month, things really started to improve. I'm finding joy in other things now. It will come!
Old 07-16-2020, 11:18 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DontRemember View Post
I too decided to have a 'reward night' close to a month in and keep on drinking. Totaled my work truck,2nd DUI, alienated even more family and friends all for "1 night". Acceptance that I can never drink again,for any reason, is what's kept me sober.
This is why we have to remember that any relapse could be the one where we lose everything. Thanks for the reminder DR
Old 07-16-2020, 11:50 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Congratulations on 30 days rainyengland!*

It was not until past the mid point of month 2 that things got easier but they DID get easier that's the thing so hang in there.

I remember a friend of mine took champix and he said it really messed with his sleep until he worked out that if he only took half a tablet and took it earlier it wore off about the time he normally went to bed. He said that made a big positive difference. Good luck on both fronts.

* I know what you mean about the weather, especially as it was so good while we were locked down but with your avatar name you really can't complain.

Old 07-16-2020, 11:58 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hang in there, RainyEngland. The AV liked to chatter to me the first few months. Sometimes it was deafening, chaotic chattering. The folks here at SR helped me figure out how to drown out that chatter - in sum, this too shall pass. I’m a bit over 2 years and the AV only whispers to me here and there.

Congrats on quitting smoking too! Stay the course - it gets better!
Old 07-18-2020, 04:50 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hows it going RE?

D
Old 07-18-2020, 10:38 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hows it going RE?

D
all good 😄, afraid I decided to quit smoking for another day , the champix was not agreeing with me and could feel my mood and determination going south.

will get there with it but my number one priority is to be sober - day 34 😄😄

and finally sun has shown its face ! Off for a day tearing down mountains in Wales on mtb now lockdown has eased

thanks for checking in on me and to all the replies , have a great day/evening everyone !
Old 07-18-2020, 10:44 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for the update RE

D