Notices

Message for admin

Old 07-14-2020, 11:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Message for admin

I'm not sure how to do it myself.... But could you please delete all my previous posts? I'd like to start afresh on here. At a time I used it for very difficult questions that I feel I have answered. It has helped me to have here

Thank you 😊😊😊😊😊😊
Old 07-14-2020, 11:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi starsabove

we can close your account, or we can change your user name - you can even start a new account - but we don't delete posts - it's not really fair to those who took the time to respond to you in various threads, or those you helped with your posts.

14. Members are responsible for their own actions, what they post and who they share their information with, here and outside of SR. They are reminded that anyone can read here, people don't have to join SR in order to read what is written. Only under rare circumstances will Administrators here edit what has been written as it is not fair to other members who have taken the time and thought to respond and for the smooth continuity of running these forums.
A fresh start really is in the mind anyway

D
Old 07-15-2020, 08:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi starsabove

we can close your account, or we can change your user name - you can even start a new account - but we don't delete posts - it's not really fair to those who took the time to respond to you in various threads, or those you helped with your posts.

A fresh start really is in the mind anyway

D
Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure I agree with your reasoning being its not fair on other people who have replied. All their replies served a purpose and were welcome at the time. I suppose my point was all the things I wrote about were of a sensitive nature, and remind me of my trauma everytime I log in here... Which I relive often enough anyway.... So in that respect, and with respect to other peoples replies I guess the content which I find visible should be a right of mine to delete. Now the Internet owns the personal details of my life when I was once in desperate need of help- and had no alternative but to reach out to people... Maybe I'll consider elsewhere where I have access to choose how and what remains displayed for eternity online lol

I will have to respect your rules on this one of course and reconsider. All the best. Take care. Bye everyone 😁😁😁
Old 07-15-2020, 09:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
nez

Starsabove32, I have no official capacity on this site, I am strictly a fellow member on this site; but my thoughts go to all the other people who might find themselves in situations where they can see similarities with your experiences and who are seeking help in their lives. Your experiences, both past and present, have huge potential to be of help to others. Deleting your posts will take away a lifeline from those who might be suffering in the present.
Old 07-15-2020, 10:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Starsabove, I think many of us share details of our lives here and it's how we begin to heal. This site is completely anonymous and we put a lot of effort into ensuring privacy of our members. No one would be able to identify you in real life from your postings here.

There is no need for you to reread the posts/thread that remind you of your trauma, and maybe you could start a new thread instead?

If you decide to look for another website, be sure to read all their rules carefully before you join. I hope you stay with us, but if not, I wish you well in your journey.

Old 07-15-2020, 12:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I also wish you well whatever you decide Starsabove
D
Old 07-15-2020, 01:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I hope you stay on here Starsabove32. Nobody will know who you are unless you tell them and functionally, I don't think you really see your old posts unless you actively seek them out, so leave those old posts in your rearview mirror. I think I can be here on SR at any point in the future and unless I search, my old posts stay WAY WAY down on the list of a million+ posts. Take care and hope to see you on SR.
Old 07-15-2020, 01:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Another thing. In any given time I have noticed there are about 200 people viewing these threads. How many of them are returning is probably a lot in other words, in the whole world there might be a few 100 or even lets say a few 1000 people weekly. Considering there are millions of people in our regions and billions in the world it is doubtful anyone would know.
Old 07-15-2020, 04:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I have shared many things on SR, and each of these is a piece of my past, and helped get me to where I am today. People have been here to support me through my struggles, and I’ve been able to do the same for many. I will sometimes look back at previous posts and think about how far I have come. I hope you’re able to do the same.💗