Notices

Still hanging in there.... Been rough

Old 07-11-2020, 05:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Still hanging in there.... Been rough

I havn't been able to get back on the wagon... I've mainly been doing harm reduction trying to have more sober days then messed up ones in the week, drinking less, drinking more water, eating better etc... My job is a big source of my struggle as I'm able to openly drink on the job as I work for myself and over the years it's been a way to cope with the stress, etc on the job.... Obviously stopping working isn't an option so I've been bargaining and on days I work i pretty much accept that I will drink, I know it's bad though...I'm going to keep trying though and string together as many days as I can for now.

Still on the wait list for rehab and I call daily on the call line to stay on the list....

Just wanted to check in here as i tend to do better when I'm active on this site..
Hope everyone is well
Old 07-11-2020, 05:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Harm reduction in my case was just a fancy dressing up of 'still drinking'.
I unserstand the appeal and the intent, but I just couldn't get better that way.

Maybe attending a meeting or two could help as well - it needn't be AA if thats not your thing - just about every meeting based method is online right now.

D
Old 07-11-2020, 05:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I get it

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Harm reduction in my case was just a fancy dressing up of 'still drinking'.
I unserstand the appeal and the intent, but I just couldn't get better that way.

Maybe attending a meeting or two could help as well - it needn't be AA if thats not your thing - just about every meeting based method is online right now.

D
I don't think I will get better this way either...Just trying to suffer less and harm my health less in the mean time...i still do online meetings almost daily... Called my local branch they said they don't have a list of what meetings are in person yet... Those seemed to help more than the online. All I know is I am not drinking today though
​​​​​​
Old 07-11-2020, 05:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thats a good thing to aim for rsanchez

D
Old 07-11-2020, 06:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I thought about you these last few days Rsanchez. Not drinking today is awesome. We are with you and I thought about you very much recently. This will click with you. It has to.

Please tell me how your son is doing.
Old 07-11-2020, 06:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for thinking of me

Originally Posted by Surrendered19 View Post
I thought about you these last few days Rsanchez. Not drinking today is awesome. We are with you and I thought about you very much recently. This will click with you. It has to.

Please tell me how your son is doing.
My son is well ive been trying to give him more attention and take him to do fun things, get fresh air etc... I really need this to click... Glad I can come here and post you all are the only ones that I feel understands
Old 07-11-2020, 06:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Dearest Rsanchez we definitely understand. All of us are you and you are us. This thing we fight doesn't discriminate. It attacks all of us.
Old 07-11-2020, 11:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Rsanchez, thanks for checking in. Surrendered really said it great above. We are all in this together as we are all afflicted by it. We are just at different stages. Hang in there I think you are doing great! Don't drink today then repeat tomorrow but don't worry about tomorrow until tomorrow.