Notices

please help

Old 07-12-2020, 08:03 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm no help at all someday147 but I really wish you well.
Old 07-12-2020, 08:14 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Posting today may be the first step to freedom from alcohol, Someday. I think I probably felt how you do now, and I write to you, to say there is hope. And I know it sounds so trite to say "if I can do it, so can you" but I say it because I believe it. Please keep posting!
Old 07-12-2020, 08:18 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I used to trick my av by saying I can drink TOMORROW if I want. Kept doing it, and tomorrow never came.

My twist on a day at a time.
Old 07-12-2020, 08:20 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

You help taplow. Just sayin'.
Old 07-12-2020, 08:23 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thanks Laura. Its Sunday afternoon I can't reach any Doctors but I will try. Only thing I have is cannabis but i'm addicted to that as well and haven't touched it in over a week, it's so insidious though and I just want to stop everything not replace one with another.
Old 07-12-2020, 04:59 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah keep trying to reach a doctor - if you're worried about withdrawal seeing a medical professional really is the sensible way to go.

D
Old 07-13-2020, 02:34 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thanks. I have stopped now am about 16 hours in.I couldn't reach a Doctor so just decided to take the risk with withdrawals. Also stopped smoking tobacco, just been sipping water and lying down. This is the hardest thing iv'e ever done. I keep having to change my clothes from sweating, and every time I lie down I have to keep getting up to go to the bathroom with stomach issues. I am very weak. All this for alcohol eh.
Old 07-13-2020, 02:47 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hi Someday, been where you are too many times to count, horrible. Have the vast majority of the times just powered through it (although I don't think that's an apt word for how weak and feeble I felt). The worst passes in about 24 hours and after 5 days or so the physical stuff is all but gone. Still not right, but, I personally wouldn't say there was any more heavy physical stuff to get through.
There has been the odd occasion though where I've had to get myself off to A&E, so if you feel things are getting worse as time goes on, I wouldn't hesitate to go. At least they give you a few benzos to take to calm things down and a drip to get your blood salts/sugars and dehydration in check.

You will come out of the other side of this

Well done for taking the leap Stick with it and you'll never have to do this again (that's what I'm telling myself)