Notices

I feel amazing.

Old 07-10-2020, 10:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Samantha

I feel amazing.

I am only 2 weeks sober (was at 6 weeks before a one night party), but I feel great. After my night of drinking I unfortunately started to be lazy and eat bad but I am now back on track with excellent foods, and lots of exercise and no desire to drink.
I've been trying to lose weight and rewarded myself with some botox to hopefully up my self confidence, something I struggle with.
also bought a new shirt in a smaller size which felt great.
unfortunately I am still extremely anxious and sad about the current state of the world and the economy and my fiance losing his job due to covid and the fact I likely will as well once wage subsity is over in August.
but physically I feel good!
Old 07-10-2020, 11:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Awesome! We can’t control what happens In life but being Sober and in good health will most certainly lead to a better future!
Old 07-10-2020, 11:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sounds like youre going good, congratulations!
Old 07-10-2020, 11:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's great. I know the pandemic and job loss/uncertainty are a lot to deal with, but being sober will help you to get through this.
Old 07-10-2020, 02:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Even better time to not drink. If the AV suggests drinking because of the job loss and current state of the world just remember it costs money to drink and that will stress you more not less. Great job by the way!
Old 07-10-2020, 03:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're feeling good AR - we all worry bout the future but there's not that much we can do until the future gets here
Like Anna said we're always better off facing it sober

D
Old 07-10-2020, 08:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Samantha

Thanks everyone. I know we all struggle with the pandemic, it is just really starting to get to me lately.
Old 07-10-2020, 09:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good for you AR
Old 07-13-2020, 07:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Samantha

Trying to stay active here for the sake of staying sober but I've been off the past few days. I'm eating good and exercising lots but it's been so hot here I think i may have gotten heat sick again...right now I'm laying in bed freezing and its so hot out....we dont have AC either.
but I'm sober and have had no temptation or wanting to drink. Staying busy with a little bit of working, diet and exercise....and of course constanting reading these forums for hope and support.
Old 07-13-2020, 10:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
nez

anxiousrock, you are not "only 2 weeks sober"...you are "2 WEEKS SOBER" and that is fantastic!

I know the current state of the world and the economy and cause concern, worry, anxiety, etc. The way I look at it is that I am sober. I have already faced my biggest fear (fear of being hopelessly alcoholic and unsalvageable) and walked through it. I use the the things learned by walking through my biggest fear to walk through other fears when they surface. Things like I have way more strength and courage than I ever give myself credit for. I am sober and because of that, any fear is manageable.
Old 07-14-2020, 07:01 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MaximusD View Post
Even better time to not drink. If the AV suggests drinking because of the job loss and current state of the world just remember it costs money to drink and that will stress you more not less. Great job by the way!
Seconded. The AV gets louder and more convincing in times like these, but it's still a liar and a thief.
Old 07-14-2020, 08:44 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Samantha

yes the AV is LOUD right now. Pandemic making me horrendously stressed. So far I have fought it well and been totally fine today....i went on 2 walks and did bootcamp and now its too late for the liquor store anyways.
I cant sleep due to anxiety but hoping tomorrow AV goes away again.
Old 07-15-2020, 04:34 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

You were doing it tough there for a while AR. Made me very happy to read your post. Well done.

Old 07-15-2020, 08:22 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Samantha

Originally Posted by Steely View Post
You were doing it tough there for a while AR. Made me very happy to read your post. Well done.
thank you! Working a plan each day and feeling good, even after having bad cravings yesterday.
Old 07-15-2020, 09:53 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Good on you AR.

Each night we put our head down sober is another success. Another day learning and looking after ourselves.

We're worth it.

Old 07-16-2020, 12:18 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

How is it going Samantha?
Old 07-16-2020, 09:39 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Samantha

Originally Posted by MaximusD View Post
How is it going Samantha?
doing good today went for a run and a walk...did my bootcamp.....still can't sleep . I hate that exercise doesn't take away my anxiety but makes my RLS worse so I have a horrible time trying to sleep!
Old 07-17-2020, 07:14 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Samantha

NOT doing good today. I didn't sleep a wink again due to my restless legs and anxiety. The leg thing is SO bad since I started working out 3 times daily. I hate it so much, but normally it will last an hour then subside enough I can relax. Last night it didn't stop and I had to move around the house how do people sleep normally? I eat well and work out so much I should be exhausted at night and I am but yet....no sleep half the time!
Old 07-17-2020, 09:35 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Samantha

Nope not going good. I am off work today, I dont have any support and I'm supposed to go to an outdoor comedy thing tonight. My anxiety is sooooo high and all I wanna do is sleep. Safe to say I'm on my way to the liquor store.
Old 07-17-2020, 10:19 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Probably too late but if I'm not please don't go to liquor store. Its not going to help you long term and you'll regret it in the morning.

You were feeling amazing recently been off the booze.