Notices

Wow

Old 07-08-2020, 05:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wow

What a damn mess. Drinking. Obsessed. I’ll die. Bye.
Old 07-08-2020, 05:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Pick yourself back up BABM. You just came off a good quit and you were doing great. You can get right back there again! I am on day 2. You can be just a day or 2 behind me. Get back on the wagon BABM.
Old 07-08-2020, 05:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

BABM, I've never responded to any of your posts. But have read many and can see how caring and sensitive you are.

You won't die from drinking. You can stop now and pull it together. You're very resourceful but it's well nigh impossible to get the resources together when you're drinking. So please stop, throw out what you have and get some rest.
Old 07-08-2020, 05:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MissPerfumado View Post
BABM, I've never responded to any of your posts. But have read many and can see how caring and sensitive you are.

You won't die from drinking. You can stop now and pull it together. You're very resourceful but it's well nigh impossible to get the resources together when you're drinking. So please stop, throw out what you have and get some rest.
I 100% agree with this
Old 07-08-2020, 05:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I';m sorry to see you in such despair man.
Whatever is important to you in your life - kids, pets, whatever - focus on that - gain strength from it - find the wherewithal to stop drinking today and make tomorrow a fresh day one.

I wouldn't suggest that to you if I didn't think you couild do it man.

D
Old 07-08-2020, 05:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Coffee Snob

You dodged my post in a previous thread about Arizona being an awesome place for recovery. Great resources out there. You can do this BABM if you want. I know you can.
Old 07-08-2020, 07:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey, MissP, great to see you. You must have a number of years under your belt by now. Congratulations. Wonder what happened to Sleepie? Hope she's doing well.

Me, sitting on nearly 7 months and feeling absolutely committed this time.

I wouldn't raise this, but feel it so very important.

That is, that people do die from drinking every day of the week.

Again, it is really great to see you here and still very much sober.
Old 07-08-2020, 07:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi BABM, all is well bud. And you won't just die suddenly in some cinematic fashion. You'll slide down into a muddy gutter and lie there in the crud and slowly rot. You are such a great person and you have so many kids and furry buds that need you. Don't make them watch you digress into that.
Old 07-08-2020, 07:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
p***enger

^^^ I remember when I realized that dying from drink wasn't going to be glamorous. I was lying on a couch in terrible gut-pain, anxiety, and hopelessness. And I really truly realized, alcoholism is a slow, painful death. Took me several years to quit after that, but it was one glimpse of something real.

I hope you straighten up and fly right back here soon, BABM!
Old 07-08-2020, 08:31 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Steely View Post
Hey, MissP, great to see you. You must have a number of years under your belt by now. Congratulations. Wonder what happened to Sleepie? Hope she's doing well.

Me, sitting on nearly 7 months and feeling absolutely committed this time.

I wouldn't raise this, but feel it so very important.

That is, that people do die from drinking every day of the week.

Again, it is really great to see you here and still very much sober.
Hey Steely... I have wandered back because I feel it's a good time with the lockdown to reconnect. Coming up on 5 years, in December. I can see you are very committed this time and I feel the difference in you, quite deeply.

You are absolutely right Steely, and I am grateful to you for pointing it out.

I must clarify what I meant ... you will not die from drinking BABM, if you stop now and throw the rest of the the booze out.
Old 07-08-2020, 09:40 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

Sorry BABM
I wish the right words would type out. This getting and trying to stay sober is such a grind. People say it gets easier but I haven't reached that point. Day 1 is better than day 0 though. I can say that. I definitely feel much more alive sober. But now I see that I don't know how to deal with life.

You are still here which is great. Sticking around here may have literally saved my life. So please keep coming back. I drank and lurked around here for years. I tried to stop coming to SR altogether for awhile, but something inside me knows that I need to quit. I see that in your posts.

Doing this for the kids might not be all of what you need. But I can tell you that there is a huge underlying change for the better in my parenting since I quit. Your kids need their father.

Alcohol is deadly.
Old 07-08-2020, 10:00 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I am so glad you came back and posted. It took me a while to finally get sober for good, and this site was s big part of that. I also wanted to be sober for my kids, but ultimately I needed to want it for me first. You have so many people/things to be sober for, and YOU are the most important one of them!

Looking forward to following your recovery! Keep checking in here, and let us know how we can help!