Notices

Anyone seen this?

Old 07-08-2020, 12:52 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Yes Buttery, that's the one I was talking about, where they show different drugs for different areas. I like Louis Theroux I find most of his documentaries interesting. Joe was the young man who was lugging big bottles of cheap cider home wasn't he?
I also learnt from that documentary, that your first bout of ascites can be your last. I always thought that when peoples abdomen swelled with ascites that if they stopped drinking, things would repair. It came as quite a shock to learn that the man who went into hospital with it first time and no history of cirrhosis may have only had a couple of months to live. And the young woman who was really yellow who knew she only had a short time was very upsetting.
Not that watching any of these things ever stopped me drinking. But I think they have had a sort of creeping effect on my psyche as in, I know you can't get away with it forever, something bad is waiting at the end of it all.

It's very good to hear that you enjoy being sober, I hope to be saying that soon. I am a believer in you reap what you sow and the seeds of alcoholism are only going to bring a grim harvest if you nurture them. On the other hand, it's good to see people getting well and everything they reap from doing that.
Old 07-08-2020, 02:03 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I think what was interesting about Drugs Map UK was that it was a mixture of substances looked at for different cities. Some drugs were legal like alcohol and spice ( they were legal highs when this was made). Some were prescription drugs like valium and a drug I'd never heard of was the Belfast one. Some sort of prescribed amphetamine, but people were abusing both these drugs and buying them off the street. There were street drugs too. I think Hull was fentynal.