Notices

Unfortunately I am about to relapse

Old 07-06-2020, 05:14 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I am home today.

Did go out. Got blacked out drunk like usual. Not proud.

Three things:
1) hit my head at some point have a bruise on side of head
2) lost my wallet- will have to check with them tonight
3) knee hurts a lot, don't know if i twisted it or what but ow.

bonus: have a text from a girl with pics with her at bar, no memory of it.

Not proud. Embarrassed of myself.

Jim Dodge X
Old 07-06-2020, 05:16 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you made it back Jim.

D
Old 07-06-2020, 05:17 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

You going back to the bar to check on your wallet tonight Jim?? I hope you retrieve your wallet then head home man.
Old 07-06-2020, 05:34 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

If the bar opens in day time, I'd check then Jim - better still phone them.

D
Old 07-06-2020, 05:39 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

i will go back and check tonight.
will be pain in the ass if they don't have it.
can hardly walk though.

i am an idiot.
Old 07-06-2020, 05:56 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

No no no, no more an an idiot than the rest of us. We are here with you. Don't go back tonight though. Just call and ask as Dee suggested. Get on your phone or computer and check a few things that way.
Old 07-06-2020, 05:59 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I was an idiot too, many times. The good news is that you don't have to be an idiot anymore. Stop drinking and such things aren't likely to happen to you anymore.
Old 07-06-2020, 06:05 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Coffee Snob

Originally Posted by JimDodge View Post
I am home today.

Did go out. Got blacked out drunk like usual. Not proud.

Three things:
1) hit my head at some point have a bruise on side of head
2) lost my wallet- will have to check with them tonight
3) knee hurts a lot, don't know if i twisted it or what but ow.
Sounds about right. Except I probably would have been literally thrown out of the bar airborne style for being belligerent. Yeesh.

So glad you're back, Jim.
Old 07-06-2020, 06:11 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Coffee Snob

Originally Posted by JimDodge View Post
i will go back and check tonight.
will be pain in the ass if they don't have it.
can hardly walk though.

i am an idiot.
No, man. We have all been there. I've done way worse.

Just one example, I invited a total stranger back to the house to party more after the bar closed. Woke up from a blackout in the morning and the place was totally ransacked and the person was gone. Couldn't tell ya who this person was anyways. No memory.

We could have been murdered. That was a weird one...

Old 07-06-2020, 06:15 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

thank you,
i mean that sincerely.
Old 07-06-2020, 07:31 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Glad you made it home and are alive...I hope you found your wallet.
Old 07-06-2020, 10:04 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Glad you came back to SR. You never have to go through this again if you don't want. Hope you get your wallet back.
Old 07-06-2020, 11:27 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Glad you made it back safe JimDodge albeit a bit wounded!
Keep posting, hopefully this experience will contribute to the AV piping down a bit
Love Billy x
Old 07-07-2020, 04:41 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Missy, alcohol is not stronger than all of us nor is it stronger than God as you said, though I'm not quite sure what that means. Take a look around here and you will see that many of us have decided to stop drinking and to remain sober. And, if you have decided that posting here before you drink is useless, that's your choice. But, I know from past experience, it does make a difference to some members.
Hi Anna...in my experience when in active drinking...(on and off again drinking with no periods or strings of days of sobriety)….when "I" crave a drink....the craving is stronger than anything....stronger than my sons desire for me not to drink....stronger than my jobs desire not to drink (in the past, don't work now)...stronger than God and my prayers...when I get a strong craving there is nothing that is powerful enough to stop me from going to get the alcohol..Possibly I should have pharased my opinion as my opinion for ME when "I" get a strong craving.

Old 07-07-2020, 04:50 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I ‘m not going to stop trying to talk people out of it Missy. SR and the people in it saved my life. I started off not believing I could beat this but so many people told me and showed me I could.

If nothing else I owe it to them to pass that on.

It’s not stronger than me - and it’s not stronger than you - or Jim either.

I hope one day you’ll come back to me and tell me I was right

Jim hope we hear from you soon, man.

D
I hear ya Dee..of course your not going to stop helping people...I'm not saying anyone should stop trying to help. I just think sometimes as an active drinker (I say this cause I'm only 3 days without alcohol now)….that when "I" come to forums like this there are people with long term sobriety that can come across as they have "forgotten" the very strong magnetic pull alcohol has and they are saying stuff like just "dump" it and forget about it....Not many active alcoholics can do just that....especially if they have already put the crap in their bodies. I for myself find that some recovered alcoholics....sometimes make unreasonable suggestions to people that are actively drinking...I say that based on what "I FEEL" when I read some responses to myself and to others that are drinking...I am not saying everyone feels this way.

My "stronger" than anything including God phrase I should have worded what my cravings feel like....To "me" at times throughout the years my cravings have been stronger than anything...my children, my desire to keep my job, my prayers....that's just a fact...when these cravings come...or the need for escape comes..."to me" there is nothing that can stop me but ME and when they come...I as of the last 6 years have not been really good at combating them.
Old 07-07-2020, 04:52 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Misssy2 View Post
Hi Anna...in my experience when in active drinking...(on and off again drinking with no periods or strings of days of sobriety)….when "I" crave a drink....the craving is stronger than anything....stronger than my sons desire for me not to drink....stronger than my jobs desire not to drink (in the past, don't work now)...stronger than God and my prayers...when I get a strong craving there is nothing that is powerful enough to stop me from going to get the alcohol..Possibly I should have pharased my opinion as my opinion for ME when "I" get a strong craving.
Missy, for most of us no external influence eg spouse, children, job etc can stop us drinking. But we can stop ourselves. It comes down to wanting to be sober more than wanting to drink no matter how strong the cravings are. And they are string, I get that. But we dont have to act on them. They cannot make us drink - we are not powerless against picking up the first drink
Old 07-07-2020, 04:57 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post
Missy, for most of us no external influence eg spouse, children, job etc can stop us drinking. But we can stop ourselves. It comes down to wanting to be sober more than wanting to drink no matter how strong the cravings are. And they are string, I get that. But we dont have to act on them. They cannot make us drink - we are not powerless against picking up the first drink
Exactly...readyatlast and sometimes I want to drink more than be sober and nothing can stop me....I don't like the consequences...and I don't like that it is hurting my body...but sometimes I do feel "powerless" over alcohol....

Being "powerless" over alcohol is a thing...lol....its Step 1.

I have Step 1 down pat....Admitted "I am powerless over alcohol and my life on many occasions has become unmanageable".
Old 07-07-2020, 05:19 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Misssy2 View Post
Exactly...readyatlast and sometimes I want to drink more than be sober and nothing can stop me....I don't like the consequences...and I don't like that it is hurting my body...but sometimes I do feel "powerless" over alcohol....

Being "powerless" over alcohol is a thing...lol....its Step 1.

I have Step 1 down pat....Admitted "I am powerless over alcohol and my life on many occasions has become unmanageable".
I know what step 1 says and people interpret it differently. IMO we are not powerless about taking the first drink. We have the ability to not drink the first drink but I know for me I have to want to be sober more than I want to drink in that moment when the cravings are strong. I don't think step 1 sholud be used as a reason to pick up the first drink. Anyway, just my opinon and I will leave it there. I wish you well.
Old 07-11-2020, 12:33 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Jim, I'd like to share with you what really helped me. The 2 things that enabled me to drop my addiction: 1. turning my life over to my Higher Power 2. Becoming more loving and helpful towards people.

Everyday I reaffirm that I am giving my life over to God, that I want him to come into my life, that I want to have a relationship with Him.

Becoming more loving started by posting positive messages on post it notes and leaving them in bathrooms and other public places. And then everyday I think of what I can to help someone that day or make their life easier. It has produced amazing results for me.