Notices

Relapsed

Old 07-04-2020, 02:59 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
- you've been given a second chance with the liver news - it would be tragic for you to blow that second chance

D
Before I came across this site, I must have typed alcohol effects into google and landed at a UK liver health forum. Not everyone there has alcohol-related liver problems, but many do. It makes for grim reading. A lot of posters spent years with lives on hold waiting for a transplant. I don’t know about any of you, but I don’t think I’d ever cope knowing I had some dead youngster’s liver inside me due to years of my own drinking. A poster on there is on his 70s, very nice person, and he received his donor liver from a 29-year-old male. That’s all he’s ever likely to know. He grieves daily for the donor, for the life he’s not having now. And then there’s the grimness of liver disease which fills your belly with bile and makes you go gaga. Meanwhile your family have to nurse you whilst you don’t know where you even are.

The stories on that site were enough to make me quit, and by some sort of miracle, I escaped any liver damage.

So I’m baffled why AI gets the chance of a lifetime, literally, and pours a bucket of alcohol down his throat. I’m really hoping he sees what a golden opportunity he has.

Old 07-04-2020, 07:06 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Let's ask AI that Hodd, since he is the original poster and needs our support. I know the answer to your questions, as do you, and I'll wager AI does too, but we need to let him speak. We've all done what AI did in various forms and we shouldn't judge him too harshly.