Notices

I've got something I need to share.

Old 07-03-2020, 03:08 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Yes, I think I understand you Dee. I'm the same as you used to be. I know how people wouldn't like me if they knew the real me. But then people don't like me if they know the hidden me. Though how does someone stop hiding if that's what they're are? The good thing is that with advanced age it doesn't matter anymore. That sounds like someone batting back an answer but you made me think for a bit.
Anyway, life is bleak. I'm finally getting used to that, which is giving me some peace. He he.
Old 07-03-2020, 03:09 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

When I read, "I can't go through with it", thought people might read it as self harm stuff. It does happen Tap. I know you didn't mean any harm, and really wish you lasting and awesome sobriety. Six months for me now Tap, and it is so much better, and gaining.

Thanks for undertanding me, too.
Old 07-03-2020, 03:19 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thanks Steely, it was something that I thought would cheer people up a little, not trick them. Congratulations on 6 months. I can do it too, well I have done it before which it makes it weirder I'm back here today. Best wishes.
Old 07-03-2020, 03:51 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Obladi View Post
Hogwash. You do have something to share, tap. I understand it's hard to get to that level. I used to have a terribly hard time doing that when I was sober, and when I was drunk I'd sort of hit on what "it" was but it came out all a jumble that didn't make sense even to me. Bottom line, I guess, is that I was a bundle of feelings but couldn't recognize them, handle them, or figure out how to work on them. Hard to work on what you don't recognize, right? I'm not sure if the "couldn't" part was literal, but sometimes it was.

We're here for you, dude.
I'm glad you thought to post here e19ven though you are actively drinking - that's progress.

O
Hogwash? I have never heard that word in real life, only in English novels from the 18th century. I would say the 19th century which is probably more true to me but somehow saying the 19th century sounds too modern. It's because people automatically, at quick first sight people think the 1900's is the 19th century, of course they are idiots. In England, when I grew up there was a TV show called Captain Pugwash which of course sounds a bit like hogwash. It's interesting how legends are made. Everyone when they were adults remembered the characters names from Captain Pugwash, the show of their childhoods - Master Bates, Seaman Stains..... etc. It was unbelievable that the beloved BBC actually allowed that to be beamed to innocent, fresh faced children. They surely must have realised. More astonishing was that it was all nonsense invented decades later and subsequently became reality in everyone's memories.
Anyway Obladi, to get back to your point. I really, really meant this whole "I have something I have to share," thread just as a little joke. Obviously not too good a joke as no one laughed. A joke is even less funny when you explain it.
I really appreciate your support stripedy but honestly I never erased anything at all whatsoever and 77 soapings of hogwash will never clean it wholesome.
Have a good night.
Old 07-03-2020, 04:04 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Good night Obladi, I have to sleep it's midnight and I've been up since, well, yesterday midnight. I have to be up in the morning. Desmond has a barrow in the market place.