Notices

Day 2 accountability

Old 06-30-2020, 12:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2 accountability

So today is day 2 for me. I called the number from the referral line and it seems that there's a lot of inpatient and outpatient available in my city. And again the problem is that I'm a single mom because even for outpatient there's no way that I know anybody who's going to watch my kid for multiple hours.... I have no family here or any close family period... I have one friend who offered to take my son for 2 weeks while I go to detox but she is a drug user herself and we have a rocky relationship so I really don't think that would be a good idea... I have an intake on Monday at a different place to assess me for options... Until then I'm on here and on the online meetings... I want help so bad I'm praying that by a miracle I can find a way to get help and care for my son while I get help because I feel in my heart I really need to go to a program because it's gotten so bad, withdrawals are getting intense and I feel trapped and that I need help desperately.... I cooked a meal and im back in bed trying to keep busy with online stuff... No plans of using or drinking today
Old 06-30-2020, 12:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're on Day 2 and that you're trying to find an inpatient/outpatient rehab. Maybe when you have the assessment on Monday, there will be some option for childcare? I hope it's possible. But, I think it's good to remember that even if you can't get to a rehab, you can stop drinking and recover.
Old 06-30-2020, 12:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

RSanchez, you are doing exactly what you need to do. Day by day. Today I had some strong cravings. I switched to hour by hour. I was outside and my son was playing and I looked at him and outloud said "F this I am not doing this to him!" That helped a lot. Reading others posts on here about how their drinking affected their kids and they wished they could have stopped earlier has only given me more motivation to stay quit. Seize that motivation too and do it for you and your boy. I am really rooting for you because I feel for you. We are in similar spots with regards to having young sons and trying to stop drinking.
Old 06-30-2020, 12:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
I'm glad you're on Day 2 and that you're trying to find an inpatient/outpatient rehab. Maybe when you have the assessment on Monday, there will be some option for childcare? I hope it's possible. But, I think it's good to remember that even if you can't get to a rehab, you can stop drinking and recover.
​​​​​​ yes I know that ultimately it is up to me and that I could do it without rehab I think I just feel so strongly about it because ever since relapsing a couple months ago I haven't been able to get more than 2 days under my belt in a row and I tend to fold at my first craving... Im giving another honest try though
Old 06-30-2020, 06:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

This is rough enough on a person ..never mind adding a child into it.....I hope you are able to get whatever help you can get and get better before your child is old enough to start suffering consequences of your drinking just like my children have....they are now in their 30's...I pray you can get the help you need and I pray it sticks....
Old 06-30-2020, 07:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you

Originally Posted by Misssy2 View Post
This is rough enough on a person ..never mind adding a child into it.....I hope you are able to get whatever help you can get and get better before your child is old enough to start suffering consequences of your drinking just like my children have....they are now in their 30's...I pray you can get the help you need and I pray it sticks....
Thank you Missy I hope so to... Ive made it to the end of tonight sober and for that I'm glad... a few friends said that they would help me if I go to impatient by watching my son on certain days like in shifts....now to wait for Monday to see if there's an opening

Old 06-30-2020, 08:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Hoping you can work something out to get the help you need to stay sober for good.