Notices

Day 11

Old 06-26-2020, 11:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 11

Cravings are certainly reduced!

Shakes went days ago.

This time of giving up alcohol is different. Instead of proving i can give up, i have had to because of fear of my liver and the damage. Got my ultrasound next Saturday. In a way i’m worried if it’s really bad. But also worried if it’s fine (just fatty liver that can be reversed in a few weeks of not drinking), and i lose the motivation.

i dunno, just something i keep thinking about
Old 06-26-2020, 11:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Al, I could see my AV suggesting a drink if my liver scan came up clean. Do you see this as a possibility?
Old 06-26-2020, 11:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Even if you get a 'good' result this time, that's no guarantee it won't be a bad result in a years time if you keep drinking.

from around 12 days ago
Doctor recommends i stop drinking completely immediately
Thats pretty rare for a UK doctor.
​​​​​​​I'd remember that and listen to them.
Old 06-26-2020, 11:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Al34 View Post
Cravings are certainly reduced!

Shakes went days ago.

This time of giving up alcohol is different. Instead of proving i can give up, i have had to because of fear of my liver and the damage. Got my ultrasound next Saturday. In a way i’m worried if it’s really bad. But also worried if it’s fine (just fatty liver that can be reversed in a few weeks of not drinking), and i lose the motivation.

i dunno, just something i keep thinking about

I can understand that! There's fear that it's "already too late" but fear that nothing short of facing death will make you quit. I've been there!
Old 06-27-2020, 06:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

In a million drinks AI, there is that one that puts you beyond the point of no return. You don't want to mess around with that. Your doc has said that you are in that particular neighborhood so let's leave that experiment behind. Your motivation should not be to have a healthy liver. Your motivation should be to have a healthy body and mind and to live a healthy life. None of that can happen if you drink, even if you were born with the toughest cast-iron liver ever.