Notices

Can’t sleep.

Old 06-20-2020, 07:35 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Coffee Snob

Originally Posted by pinkbutterfly20 View Post
This is so hard! My head is fuzzy, I’m so shaky! I can hardly focus on anything. It’s so hard when I feel this way to fight the urge for just one drink!!
Same here. I'm basically walking into walls because I'm so tired and exhausted, but I still can't sleep unless it is in intervals of like 30 mins when I just wake up in a swimming pool of sweat. It's probably the worst withdrawl symptom for me after the initial nausea and panic attacks. Felt like I just ran a marathon after cooking an egg and a few pieces of bacon on the stove this morning. Arggghh
Old 06-20-2020, 07:38 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

butterfly and Puck - Stay the course.

It will be better - indescribably so. I wish I could "sell" this feeling of long-term continuous sobriety. I would be a ba-jillionaire.

Stay the course.

Time takes time.
Old 06-20-2020, 07:39 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

PB and PL, this can be the last time either of you have to go through this nonsense. It is no way to live. Stay with us and stay sober.
Old 06-20-2020, 07:51 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Posting again. Just threw up my breakfast. I feel shakier than ever but actually better after getting sick ironically. Fighting the urge so hard. About to get out with my family and go to the pool!
Old 06-20-2020, 09:25 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Remind yourself it is never 1 drink. It is many many more all day and night and then the next day. Day 3 is often the worse and hopefully you will start to feel better tomorrow and you need never go through this again
Old 06-20-2020, 09:45 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Coffee Snob

Originally Posted by Surrendered19 View Post
PB and PL, this can be the last time either of you have to go through this nonsense. It is no way to live. Stay with us and stay sober.
You're right, Surrender. It's total nonsense and mind boggling the crap we have done to ourselves over the years with this kind of drinking.

I've never really experienced full blown withdraw symptoms until the last few years. Just a bad hangover I always slept off. This is different and a huge red flag it's time to quit.

I was sober the entire month of March this year. I know I can do it. Been a nightmare since I picked up again.
Old 06-20-2020, 11:01 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hang in there everyone. I am right there with you all. One thing is for damn sure, I am not picking up a drink.
Old 06-20-2020, 11:04 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MaximusD View Post
Hang in there everyone. I am right there with you all. One thing is for damn sure, I am not picking up a drink.
trying my hardest Max! This has been my worst withdrawal yet. I feel so panicked like every 20 minutes, I’ve almost grabbed a drink multiple times and I keep obsessively coming back here to read this thread so I resist!
Old 06-20-2020, 02:18 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

My withdrawals have been worse this time too. Think how quickly a week goes by. We will be a week in soon and withdrawals should already be subsiding. I am staying busy but it has been a bit of a tough morning which is not normal. Usually, day 2 when my wife is home I am fine. Hang in there. One day at a time and don't drink! You're my quitting buddy!
Old 06-20-2020, 05:41 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MaximusD View Post
My withdrawals have been worse this time too. Think how quickly a week goes by. We will be a week in soon and withdrawals should already be subsiding. I am staying busy but it has been a bit of a tough morning which is not normal. Usually, day 2 when my wife is home I am fine. Hang in there. One day at a time and don't drink! You're my quitting buddy!
im two hours from 24 and so ready for bed! Ordering takeout with the hubs and watching Netflix now that we have the kids in bed! Your encouragement has gotten me through today! Quitting buddies unite!
Old 06-20-2020, 06:10 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

One hour from 24 hours and this has been my project today! Crocheting this blanket for my daughter! Loving how it’s turning out and how busy it is keeping me!
Old 06-20-2020, 06:12 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

[url=[url=https://ibb.co/94zwcZY]][img][/img]
Old 06-20-2020, 06:19 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Well the image won’t post but it’s turning out very lovely! Hot pink and pale pink, peach, burnt orange and cream colored sections throughout with a bobble trim to come! It’s kept my mind busy this afternoon!
Old 06-20-2020, 11:18 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

It is good you are keeping yourself busy. I try to work outside. Fix somethings that are broken but it is just so damn hot right now which isn't making anything better.
Old 06-20-2020, 11:18 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Well done Pink. Fighting those cravings hour by hour is exactly what you have to do. Could you get rid of all the alcohol in the house? Then you can't have that brief insanity were you reach for a drink..

And I can see your blanket if I click on in your post, it is beautiful. I wish I was able to create something like that. Must be very therapeutic too.

Keep doing what you're doing.
Old 06-21-2020, 05:04 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I actually slept last night! Only woke up once or twice and of course was covered in sweat but I slept and didn’t lay awake for hours worrying about my heart rate! And my son slept through the night too so I truly got sleep! I feel so much better this morning. Still tired and a little shaky but the anxiety is drastically different and less than it was yesterday and my heart rate is coming back down in normal range! Feeling thankful!
Old 06-21-2020, 05:53 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Oh I so remember my first night. I "slept" in the spare bedroom, so I didn't disturb my husband. I don't really pray, and I just laid there and prayed the Lord's Prayer over and over again. It did seem to calm me, probably similar to mediation.

And the thought of just one, a temporary fix. We had a bottle of wine in our basement. It was an anniversary bottle, that we were saving .. and I highly considered drinking it. But, I pushed through the temporary torture, instead of going for the temporary fix.

I sleep so much better now. Not great - but I do sleep,and dream. And wake refreshed.

Oh, and remembering what I said and did.... that is a blessing too.

Cheering for you pink
Bumble
Old 06-21-2020, 10:28 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Coffee Snob

I actually slept last night! Only woke up once or twice and of course was covered in sweat but I slept and didn’t lay awake for hours worrying about my heart rate! And my son slept through the night too so I truly got sleep! I feel so much better this morning. Still tired and a little shaky but the anxiety is drastically different and less than it was yesterday and my heart rate is coming back down in normal range! Feeling thankful!
Glad to hear it, Pink. I slept 7 hours last night. Felt good
Old 06-21-2020, 05:19 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Administrator

yeah you need a URL that ends in an image file PB - like '.jpg'
it's usually the 'direct link'

D