Notices

New Here. First Time. Need Help.

Old 06-12-2020, 10:18 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

For me there was an initial adjustment period, in which I felt disoriented & resentful. Gradually I began to feel the hope & freedom that came with getting my life back & being able to trust myself. I don't know why it was so hard for me to admit it was no longer a fun escape from reality. It was a horrible, soul-destroying addiction - no end in sight.
I'm so glad you made that first post.
Old 06-12-2020, 10:19 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Somehowimanage, glad to see you posted again. Hang around. We can do this together!
Old 06-12-2020, 11:29 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hello there. Your story rang a lot of bells with me - sadly I chose to let things go on as they were with my drinking for another 20 years before I decided to do something about it.

Although I've had periods of not drinking before, this time it feels very different, and one of the main reasons is the support I get from this place. I can recommend checking in regularly whatever your frame of mind is.

As others have said, there's a lot stirred up in the first three weeks after drinking for many years and it does take time for things to settle - but in my experience it does get better.