Notices

I've sold my shoes

Old 06-27-2020, 04:25 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Administrator

The main reason though is that many times on here for instance I've taken up a contrary position and then when I was defending myself my answering posts to the majority were removed and it looked like the imbecilic herd had rendered me into silence.
You agree to the rules when you signed up.
We reserve the right to remove posts, yours mine or anyone elses, that break the rules.

Imbecility doesn't enter into it.

Remember I was encouraged to post when drinking here in this very thread. Surely when reading this you'll agree that when I'm drinking I should stop posting.
If you really want help to stop drinking, you should post Tap.

I think even when drinking you know where 'the line' is - I think you cross it sometimes because it's easier to do that than it is to be unrelentingly 'real', but hey I'm no psychologist.

Just pay the receptionist on the way out.

D

Old 06-27-2020, 04:55 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Post or don’t post when drunk, it kind of doesn’t matter. What matters is how long you’re going to drink and the things you’ll do while drinking. You already know you’ll regret them, so you’re a gambling man eh? I think it’s clear there’s a lot to lose, but remind me, what’s to gain? I mean, it doesn’t sound like you’re having a lot of fun. Do what you want to do, but stay off the roads and don’t hurt anyone. When you sober up, think hard about whether you want to do it again. It just sucks so bad, and you wouldn’t be here if you didn’t want to quit. So try again.
Old 06-27-2020, 06:50 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
You agree to the rules when you signed up.
We reserve the right to remove posts, yours mine or anyone elses, that break the rules.

Imbecility doesn't enter into it.

If you really want help to stop drinking, you should post Tap.

I think even when drinking you know where 'the line' is - I think you cross it sometimes because it's easier to do that than it is to be unrelentingly 'real', but hey I'm no psychologist.

Just pay the receptionist on the way out.

D
Hi Dee,
I said posting drunk causes problems, and later after posting drunk I caused a problem. Conclusion - it's best not to post drunk.
I'm not saying that I didn't deserve to have my posts removed. I certainly did I'm sure. I was just making the point that when they were removed someone reading the thread would have thought that I hadn't replied. There'd be this big argument, everyone joining together against me and with my posts removed it looked like I'd surrendered to them and left in deep, deep shame. At least people should know that someone had posted something in that place and it had been removed.
Me saying imbecile is a joke that's all. You know someone disagrees, well they must be an imbecile. I don't really mean it.
I don't get what you said about how I find it easier to cross the line than to be unrelentingly real. You're very wise Dee so I'd be interested in what you mean.

Anyway it's 3.00 in the morning now. I woke up on the sofa with cans around me. I'm going to bed. Goodnight.
Old 06-27-2020, 06:58 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Administrator

Its way easier to be self deprecating humor wise, or even surreal, than it is to sit here and type out deeply honest things.
If you think that doesn't apply to you, then thats ok - I sometimes swing and miss.

D
Old 06-27-2020, 07:02 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Maybe I'm not well but I don't understand what you're saying.
Old 06-27-2020, 07:07 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you sometimes use humour as a deflecting mechanism to avoid revealing too much or letting other people get too close.
I'm pretty sure I've said that to you before.

I'm not at my best today for various reasons so that's about as plain as I can get Tap.

Just an observation. I do it too, though not much here anymore.

D
Old 06-27-2020, 07:13 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

I'll think about that Dee. I'm not quite with it at the moment. I hope you feel better yourself.
Old 06-27-2020, 07:15 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'll be fine Tap - just dealing with our customary 4 weeks of winter

D
Old 06-28-2020, 12:59 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Hey tap, congratulations on day one. I'm in your corner.
Old 06-28-2020, 03:39 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Hi Lixie, I hope you're well. Thanks for your support. Congratulations are a bit premature though. I don't feel too good myself but mostly it's my doing as you know. I'm not built for morning after doldrums but then I never was. Who is? It's always the reason to start the whole drink cycle again. Really I want a fried egg sandwich but it would mean walking to the shop for the eggs which right now seems like a voyage to the Antarctic. And there's all the alcohol there to tempt me. Anyway, day 1.
How long have you been sober Lixie and how easy are you finding it?
Old 06-28-2020, 03:50 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Get your arse out there and go get some eggs Tap. One of the only ways through a hangover is some good food. For weeks and weeks I ate raspberries and watermelon and cheesecake. Whatever the deepest reptilian part of my brain told me it wanted is what I gave it. Helped with the alcohol cravings at least a little. Hope you don't feel too awful this morning. Treat yourself well today.
Old 06-28-2020, 04:06 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Hey tap, glad you're still here. Morning after doldrums stink, for sure. Makes me sick to my stomach just thinking about it, for which I am grateful.

I hope you actually do think about Dee's suggestion last night - he said it more plain than I did, but same point. In the meantime, don't drink. You said you have a job starting tomorrow, right? You can be alright for that - as long as you Don't Drink today.

xo
O
Old 06-28-2020, 04:07 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Surrendered I just had Heinz Vegetable Soup and bread. I had to have something hot but what a waste of time. Still it's taken away the egg craving.
Old 06-28-2020, 04:23 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Hi Obladi, no I've no work in sight. I've looked back at Dee's comments, couldn't really get it last night so will give them closer examination. I didn't go to bed last night because I hadn't made it - all my clean, washed bedding's hanging there in front of me. I just feel asleep on the sofa but woke up several times with drink intervals. That's not right, normally sleep puts and end to drinking.
But thanks, I won't drink today. Have a good day.
Old 06-28-2020, 04:40 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Dee's suggestions are not ambiguous. As I suggested earlier on this thread, turn that big brain of yours inward and tell us what you see. How can you get well and stop killing yourself with alcohol?
Old 06-28-2020, 05:35 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

You say big brain - probably with finger's crossed. But I've certainly got a big head. Over here now they make you wear a mask if you want to go on public transport. They gave me one at the station and the string broke straight away when I hooked it over my ears.
Old 06-28-2020, 05:35 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

I second that.
We're right here, man.
Old 06-28-2020, 05:38 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Thanks Obladi, nice to know.
Old 06-28-2020, 05:40 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

I posted before I was ready. hmmm

What I wanted to say was...

I second that. (What Surrendered said.)
You're entertaining and all, for real.
Nobody likes a clever turn of phrase or rapier thrust of wit than I do.

But that stuff isn't helping you get to the crap that makes it seem impossible to Not Drink.
We're right here, man.
​​​​​​​
Old 06-28-2020, 07:40 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Tap, I've been sober about fifteen minutes (or so it seems). I'm not the best person at giving advice, I just kinda know what it's like to be where you're at now (or so I think). So, no advice from me, but tons of support if you want it.