Notices

Me Again!

Old 06-06-2020, 03:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Recognising my AV

Me Again!

Hello again people. I need help again...... Can't carry on drinking like this again anymore x
Old 06-06-2020, 03:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

There has never been a better time to quit than right now. SR really works and I'm living proof of that.
Old 06-06-2020, 03:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome back
Old 06-06-2020, 03:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

We are to support you!!!
Old 06-06-2020, 04:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome back Hendrix (I take it you're a Jimi Hendrix fan?!). Keep posting at SR - it's better than drinking.
Old 06-06-2020, 04:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back

You know what I’m going to ask - what’s your plan? How are you going to make this time different, Hendrix?
Old 06-06-2020, 05:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Hendrix, Welcome back!
Old 06-07-2020, 01:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Recognising my AV

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Welcome back

You know what I’m going to ask - what’s your plan? How are you going to make this time different, Hendrix?
Hello again Dee
I know you're right. I have so many things I want to do and I haven't list everything yet.... it's just that first step I can't do again.
If I could just nail 24 hours without a drink, although 12 would be good, I'd be on my way.......but the hair of the dog to feel human in the morning just leads to another day of the same
Old 06-07-2020, 01:28 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I remember how that feels, Hendrix. And, the worst part is that you know you will have to go through it sooner or later if you ever want to stop drinking. It's just putting off the inevitable.

You can get through those 12 - 24 hours. Make sure you drink a lot of water and rest as much as you can. Distract yourself as much as possible. If you're really concerned about withdrawals, maybe you could contact your doctor.
Old 06-07-2020, 02:51 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
Hello again Dee
I know you're right. I have so many things I want to do and I haven't list everything yet.... it's just that first step I can't do again.
If I could just nail 24 hours without a drink, although 12 would be good, I'd be on my way.......but the hair of the dog to feel human in the morning just leads to another day of the same
I know exactly how you feel Hendrix - a fear of the withdrawal combined a fear of failure to overcome the desire to drink but you can beat it with some planning and a desire to be rid of of the addiction. You can do it.
Old 06-07-2020, 02:58 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm so glad you came back to us, Hendrix. You sound ready to do this. The drinking life is not sustainable - though I sure did try.
I was afraid of the morning shakes & misery too - and it kept me drinking for many more years after I admitted I needed to quit. No, it was not a fun time - but I got through it and never went back. The feeling of freedom is wonderful - no more living half a life. We know you can get there!
Old 06-07-2020, 04:25 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
Hello again Dee
I had to look past the immediate. A few days feeling pretty crappy was a good trade off for a fresh start in recovery.
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-distance.html (Keep your eyes on the middle distance)
D