Notices

Negative times

Old 06-04-2020, 11:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Negative times

For those of us addicts (Hi my name is Badge and I am a closet wino) or have been diagnosed with depression () or other issues, these are difficult times. We are all affected, from those that live in the big cities or hiding out in the boondocks somewhere. Easy to cocoon ourselves wrapped in fear, anger, anxiety. No bueno, While I have managed to keep the the wine demanding AV at bay, my mental state wants to retreat, to run, to hide. I guess what I am trying to say is that I know I am not alone, if you are reading this you can probably relate in someway to what I have typed. Find a way, find that Unicorn that is out there that can bring tranquility to your mind, its out there, trust me, search for it. Do not let anyones opinion or judgement stop you, don't you stop yourself either! We have to support each other, now more than ever.

Peace
Badge
Old 06-05-2020, 06:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Badge

Time are tough - it's taken me a day to get to your post

Sometimes I want to feel engaged, even with the badness, just to see if I can help or somehow make things better....and some days I just want to stay indoors with the lights off listening to favourite music, or watching old TV shows or movies that remind me of better times.

I hope anyone having problems feels free and safe to bring those problems here

D
Old 06-06-2020, 04:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Tough times indeed. For me I try to realize that tough times are not unique to current events. My parents were born just before the great depression and were teenagers during WW2. What's going on today in the world may be difficult but compared to what my parents experience it's not so bad... Then there's my grandfather. He fought in WW1 in France. Trench warfare. They also had to deal with the 1918 flu pandemic and back then people just died and died. After surviving all that he got to come home have a few good years and then lose his home during the great depression.

Do we really have it so bad? Sure my income is down and economic uncertainty is looming over my head. But here I am in my home with a refrigerator full of food typing away on the internet. My family is sleeping upstairs. I am not fighting for my life on the Salerno beachhead. I am grateful.