Notices

Right side of the Street, Weekenders 05 - 08 June 2020

Old 06-07-2020, 09:41 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Travelbug have a wonderful sober time glamping, we are all cheering you on. Look forward to hearing all about it when you get back.

Hi SendSleep, yes a sober day is a good day. Be gentle with yourself.

Good to see you back Robbie.

I am back from a mammoth walk out in the countryside, it was about a half hour drive from where I live and just lovely. Came home and promptly fell asleep for 2 hours. I dreamt I was being burgled (always have nightmares) and woke up to a woodpecker pecking on my back step ... ha ha.

So sober Sunday has been good, perfect walking weather, nature on my doorstep- literally, and chocolate raisins in the cupboard.
Old 06-07-2020, 10:48 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Glamping, you say? Here's a ~$2 Million Dollar RV to use as a Template for choosing different Interior Finishes after anyone orders one.-) We had a similar one of these parked beside us in Las Vegas overnight a few Years ago, and it was impressively humorous. ALMOST didn't fit into the Site space.

A $2 Million Dollar RV

Meanwhile, my idea of fun is to pull our 23' Trailer down to Nowhere Arizona to Boondock in isolation on the ~650,000 Acre [~295,000 Hectare] KOFA Nature Preserve. 550 Watts of Solar Panels on the Roof store energy into 4 hefty Golf Cart Batteries. Mebbe the neatest part of that Trip was when I dumped some Dish Water outside on a worthwhile Shrub. Right there for me to pick up was a piece of light-weight Lava. The Mountains behind I hiked had Placards explaining how that entire area was Volcanic >50 Million Years ago [and further back].

My bustin' schedule for today is to Power Spray off the front Patio, and measure for Window Screens in our Outbuilding. Time to whip the Gym area, and my Shop, into shape while isolating up here anyway. Chip away at cleaning up the Trailer for an outing later this Month. A Morning Hike after my traditional Sunday Omelette of Turkey/Swiss Cheese/Red Onion is made possible by effortless Sobriety.

From Vince Guaraldi; also known for his Charlie Brown Soundtracks...

'Cast Your Fate To The Wind' ~ Vince Guaraldi Trio ~

Old 06-07-2020, 11:07 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Welcome, SendSleep! It would be great to see you here every week now! Best wishes for your work struggles.

I hope you have a good trip, Travelbug! I am afraid even "glamping" would not be comfortable enough for me and Mrs. CF. We're poor folk with first-class tastes, so we don't travel much.

I received payment from the Employment Security Department. Now I need to get responses on three other issues that I have been trying to resolve for two months.

The new paint I got for the house trim is very thick, and I had a lot of problems with it yesterday. When I dropped the paintbrush altogether I decided it was time to call it a day. I'll try again later.

The aquarium I am setting up is coming along. I want to go to the state park and get some pond water with beneficial microorganisms because I think the tank is too sterile now.

Have a great day, everyone!

Old 06-07-2020, 12:42 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi SendSleep, good to see you in the Weekenders

Coldfusion, pleased you received your payment.

Sober Sunday for me too.
Old 06-07-2020, 12:51 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Welcome, SendSleep!

MesaMan, your RV looks very glamper to me!
Old 06-07-2020, 02:02 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
saoutchik

That RV is not much smaller than my flat. It is a lot more expensive too.

Welcome SendSleep!

Enjoy your camping trip Travelbug, it will be much more fun sober.

Glad you received your payment Coldfusion. It sounds like you are using latex paint, that is thick stuff. A SMALL amount of lukewarm water will thin it, say half a mug.

1974 Montreal

Attached Images
Old 06-07-2020, 04:00 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Cityboy- nah, I don't count sober days....

because there is an online calculator that does it for me.
Old 06-07-2020, 10:45 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Weekenders

PJ, you make me laugh. Love your humour.

Another nice car Saou. Are these cars still here or are they pictured in their original year?

Think I’m going to order a delivery from the cake shop. They deliver to my area tomorrow and do some gorgeous bread cakes and dessert cakes. I feel like something to cheer me up.

Have a good sober Monday. Stay safe. xx
Old 06-07-2020, 11:07 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Magsie

MesaMan, love your RV. I went to Lincolnshire Showground a few years ago, when they had caravans, mobile homes and RV’s for sale. There was so much space, and utilized well, in the RV’s.
Old 06-08-2020, 04:49 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Bimini, that's so cool about your uncle getting so much respect from the younger guys. I bet he had some stories to tell.

PhoenixJ, I don't really count sober days either, with the exception of looking forward to six-month sober anniversary.
Old 06-08-2020, 06:06 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Some people. That's all I have to say about that.

Well not all...I'll tell the, "Thank God I'm sober," part. I was very proud of myself yesterday on my walk when some lady went off on me for getting out of her way in the woods on a two foot wide path.

But I didn't answer her. I didn't get upset for the rest of the day because she was weird or mean or whatever her issue was. I didn't blame myself. In my sober life I know that when people flip out over nothing it's them not me. I don't react, I've learned that *pause* - even internally I wasn't seething over it for twenty minutes. It was just a blip in the day. However, here I am telling you about it. I will now officially Let It Go.

A fool shows his annoyance at once but a wise man ignores an insult.
~Proverbs 12:16

I didn't show my annoyance, but I guess I still have some work to do because I didn't completely ignore it. Just mostly.

Old 06-08-2020, 06:57 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Happy sober Monday!
Congrats to everyone who made it through the weekend sober.

I am back at work in my home office after having 4 days off. It was nice to have a little break. The new fishing lake was a bust on Saturday. Not even a nibble. Turns out we were going about it wrong, trying to fish too deep. Our friend who recommended this lake gave us the low-down AFTER we got back and told him we didn't even get a nibble in two and a half hours. We will try it again. I am becoming more comfortable driving my car with the trailer and kayaks. I have never had a trailer before, and it's great to have, but it makes me nervous.

It's a beautiful little lake. I now want a house on it. For real. It's a goal now... We did some research and found a VRBO we can rent for a few days, and we just might. That way we can fish to our hearts' content, and get a feel for what it's really like on the lake. I'd prefer a non-motorized lake to live on, and this one is not that. We were out very early (it was 6 when we got on the water) so the lake dwellers were not really out with their boats and jets skis and whatever else makes noise. Being there for a couple of days would tell us what the activity and noise level is like. We were able to hear all of the birds and frogs, and could talk to each other without yelling even though we were pretty far apart. There are a lot of loons on that lake, and the bigger one next to it, so that was cool. They have such a distinctive call. I'll find a link to a video of loons and post it in a bit. Here's a picture of our kayaks and a bit of the lake. Simply gorgeous.

Old 06-08-2020, 07:03 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Here's an informative loon video.

https://youtu.be/4ENNzjy8QjU
Old 06-08-2020, 08:28 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

I love the wails of the loons. Off to listen. Thanks, MLD.
Old 06-08-2020, 09:08 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
I didn't show my annoyance, but I guess I still have some work to do because I didn't completely ignore it. Just mostly.

Old 06-08-2020, 09:18 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

andyh, that movie still confuses me. I was confused when it came out and I still don't get it. The song is overlaid with ice? She's an Ice Princess? So I'm supposed to be cold as ice as I let it go?

Okay, then.

I like it when she stomps her foot, though. That I can do.
Old 06-08-2020, 10:34 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I'm not sure I understand why someone would complain for NOT getting out of their why. That is very odd.

Originally Posted by Mags1 View Post
Another nice car Saou. Are these cars still here or are they pictured in their original year?
They are all fairly contemporary pics Mags, just ones I lifted off of the net. I did own an Alfa myself once, a green one. I might post a pic of it before the end of this weeks thread but it was nothing to look at.

This though - 2008 8C Competizione

Attached Images
Old 06-08-2020, 10:47 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Ok, where do I get myself one of those, Sao? Do I have to live in Italy? I wouldn't mind living in Italy, really. In fact, sign me up. I could deal with that.
Old 06-08-2020, 11:18 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Thanks for the ear worm Andy . Just walked round the local park thinking I'm Elsa ... well Elsa with grey roots!

Hope you are okay Bim.
Old 06-08-2020, 11:24 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Apparently I told that story all wrong.

I'm fine.

It was a Sober Moment where someone over-reacted and I didn't. The end.