SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   New to online recovery communities (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/447670-new-online-recovery-communities.html)

P3rf3ctlyflaw3d 05-30-2020 12:09 PM

New to online recovery communities

Hello everyone,
I'm a recovering addict and alcoholic. I'm new to the online stuff. My therapist has been suggesting I reach out to others and find a community and find supports. I'm 32 I've struggled with addiction most of my life I've been abusing substances since age 13 i went from drinking and taking any pills I could get my hands on to shooting heroin later on in my 20s and 30s. I'm currently on methadone and haven't touched heroin in over a year now.
Things have been tough lately especially with the way things are in the world right now. I don't have many supports outside of therapy and I have been having urges and using positive coping skills to keep myself from acting on the urges, but lately its been very hard.

Anna 05-30-2020 12:19 PM

Welcome and congratulations on your recovery.

These are very trying times for all of us, and I'm so glad you reached out to our community. You will find lots of support here.

aasharon90 05-30-2020 01:36 PM

Glad you have connected to SR which has become
a lifeline to hold onto while continuing on my journey
in life sober one day at a time.

My name is Sharon and I'm an alcoholic in recovery.
I entered recovery 29 yrs ago beginning in a 28 day
rehab stay where family placed me into the hands
of those capable of teaching a program of recovery
to incorporate in my everyday life on a continuous bases
and a guideline to achieve health, happiness, honesty and
many more of lifes amazing blessings.

I got of the merry go round of addiction and the insanity
that came with it and hopped on the recovery bus learning
new and heathy ways to live my life instead of destroying it.

Glad to have you aboard with a wonderful community of folks
here in SR. :)

Steely 05-30-2020 01:50 PM

Just keep coming back and sharing your story P3. It rolls on from there. Skills develop with the sharing. And it's good.

Congratulations on 12 months heroin free. You are young, and life can be miraculous if you allow yourself to Be.

The urges will diminish with time, and as you learn.

Hope to see you around P3.

least 05-30-2020 01:51 PM

Welcome to the family. :) I hope our support can help you get clean and sober for good. :grouphug:

Hevyn 05-30-2020 02:45 PM

Great to have you join us, P3. When I came here I was so relieved to find encouragement from people who really understood.
I wish I'd taken action at a young age - the way you are. You'll never have the huge mess to clean up that I did. Welcome!

Dee74 05-30-2020 06:12 PM

Welcome abaord P3rf3ctlyflaw3d :)

Read and post as much as you need to - let us know how we can help :)

D