Notices

A solid foundation for recovery.

Old 05-14-2020, 09:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A solid foundation for recovery.

Good morning everyone

Today is my start of day 3 of opiates. I'm feeling all over the place. I took the rest of the week off to get passed my mental and physical withdrawal. This is no new thing for me, if you check my 2 week program post. But I can tell you one thing for sure things look very different since i started on this forum. My question is in the pass I used to call in sick for half the week and then show up and get back on track which made me feel like I was just playing catch up for the time lost. But this time I wanted to really rest. Today I have a phone appointment with my doctor regarding my addiction to my pain medicine. This is the biggest step towards my recovery I've ever taken. So yes I'm am very scared and ashamed of myselt also anxiety all night. My question is and won't know until later. What if my doctor doesn't refer me or have me for FMLA approval. Well I know he will be cutting me off my prescription for pain which he had discussed in the pass. I don't have any outside contact or people I use with. If the answer is no. I plan on staying clean and sober using this forum for support day by day. I will look into more of online meeting and chats. Also mediation and reading and daily journal entry. For now due to covid19 in person meetings in the community is closed, so having a sponsor is on hold. Any advice or experience would be good input.
Old 05-15-2020, 03:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

hey stickyone

I'm not a 12 stepper so the only advice I can give you is to keep posting here - support really made the difference for me

D
Old 05-15-2020, 04:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think that talking to your doctor is a good idea. I hope the conversation went well.

Keep reading and posting here!