Notices

I'm a mess

Old 05-17-2020, 01:13 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Librium is typically the medication prescribed these days, at least in my country. Valium is used less frequently.
Old 05-18-2020, 05:17 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I always hated being in the ER and feeling judged by everyone. But it may have saved my life. Withdrawals progress each time and there may come a time when the worst doesn’t hit until days later. Mine were always just shakes and stuff and all of a sudden it progressed to hallucinations and having some sort of a fully conscious seizure where my vision was blacking out in flashes and body was jerking but I was alert.
You don’t want it to be too late. Always get help. Not sure where you are but if you don’t want to go to the ER some places have outpatient treatments. Usually much better as they can monitor you if you need to taper down for a community detox and then prescribe medication as soon as they decide you are safe. Tapering is a lot easier when you are told exactly how much to have in a day and you know you are being checked up on for withdrawals.
Old 05-19-2020, 05:47 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Agree with everyone else here will. Going to the ER has saved many peoples lives on SR including myself. I tried slowly weening off the booze and ended up just drinking more. Funny how that works. An ER visit sounds a lot scarier than it really is. I was in and out in an hour. They gave me an IV and sent me home with Librium. Took all the withdrawal symptoms away. That was 154 days ago. I’ve never been better and credit that ER trip for saving my life. Please consider it.
Old 05-21-2020, 01:56 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

The company answer is see a Dr. My issue with seeing a Dr. was that it is now on my record. But, I didn't drink day and night.

Withdrawals can kill.

I'd be careful after being released because now there are RX meds in the picture. An addict that mixes booze and meds enters another depth of hell on earth.

Knowing was half my battle.

I still suffer anxiety around happy hour daily. This used to be a crave time, now it is a paranoid time. I feel like a scared baby sometimes.

Then it goes away and I feel brave again. Ready for the world.

Thanks.
Old 05-21-2020, 09:25 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Will3890, How are you doing? I hope you come back and keep posting.