Notices

2nd DUI...Covid 19 worries too.

Old 05-14-2020, 04:09 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I’m not familiar with the law in anyway so can’t comment on DUI.

i think the most important thing you need to look at right now is if you did relapse(not saying you will, but I think many will agree that they did after promising they wouldn’t) again is how you will stay safe. Make a commitment to your self about if you are going to drink make sure you keep your self and others safe.

it’s really tough saying that as the ultimate goal for all of us is sobriety, however if we are honest a large proportion of us have relapsed over and over and promised ourselves and others that it would never happen again even when there have been consequences.

I hope all goes well and stay safe.

Old 05-14-2020, 07:41 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'll try this again, first one had formattng issues.

I have experience in your situation and I wojuld do the following:

Number one: Stay sober

Enter some type of support group (AA for example) to show judge you are serious.

Your case might not see the light of day for 2 years in our current situation, use it to rebuild yourself. Get your head right, then get everything else straightened out. When court comes along you will be sober, strong and in a good spot.

Lastly: stay sober.

Good luck
Old 05-14-2020, 10:30 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Very sorry for the formatting issues.
Thank you! I will have to see how I can find an online AA meeting. I really appreciate it
Old 05-14-2020, 10:42 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Everyone, thank you for the advice. I have been working out, praying, trying to stay sober and focus. I did have a beer a few days ago while at home as n felt horrible afterwards. I am now worried about my job, I looked at the handbook and there is no language in there that says I have to report it but i feel soo bad about it. Should I let my manager know?
If I'm charged, in my state, I'm looking at 30 days, but in most cases the judge will let you do weekends so I actually won't miss any time at work. I just keep praying every day and trying to stay sober.
Old 05-14-2020, 10:47 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

I would ask your lawyer about telling your employer.

There are several AA meetings around noon time here (in a little over an hour) at this link:

https://eastsideaa.org/meetings/?tsml-type=ONL
Old 05-15-2020, 07:49 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
Everyone, thank you for the advice. I have been working out, praying, trying to stay sober and focus. I did have a beer a few days ago while at home as n felt horrible afterwards. I am now worried about my job, I looked at the handbook and there is no language in there that says I have to report it but i feel soo bad about it. Should I let my manager know?
If I'm charged, in my state, I'm looking at 30 days, but in most cases the judge will let you do weekends so I actually won't miss any time at work. I just keep praying every day and trying to stay sober.
If you are not obligated to tell your employer, don't.
Old 05-15-2020, 03:24 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I feel for you. I just got my first in late April. Same deal on waiting due to Covid. Leaving me in a loop of despair until that parts done. Where I’m at a first offense comes at a heavy price. A high reading will give me 10 days in jail, $2600 fine, $1000 impound fee for 30 days, $750 license renewal, 1 year license suspension with 1 year after on interlock. I can get license back after 3 months if I install interlock for the the 9 months remaining plus another year. Plus lawyer fees plus insurance increase of 3-4x.

I personally have started counseling for anxiety and will be meeting a addictions counselor. AA 1-2 times a daily since. This is helping to know I’m trying but it is hard to know. I hope that you can agree if alcohol lets you do this to yourself it shouldn’t be part of your life EVER. That’s a hard pill to swallow but look at the facts and what could happen. It doesn’t seem to get better for any of us if we continue. As my friends say “it will pass and keep your head up”.
Old 05-15-2020, 07:51 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Is there life after a 2nd DUI? Of course but it certainly won't be as easy as it was before the 2nd one. Now is the time to get help. Show the court you know you have a problem and are serious about finding a solution. Good luck