Old 05-17-2020, 10:13 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
AA Member

How are you today sweetiepie?

Old 05-18-2020, 02:44 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by january161992 View Post
How are you today sweetiepie?

Thank you for asking, withdrawal symptom wise I'm pretty much over that... but currently I'm back to day two.... I ended up drinking with that guy whose place I went over to again the first time I slipped from my sobriety, waking up the next day I realized that I'm not ready to date until I get more sober time.... I've had so many gains in my mental health and quality of life over the past 3 months I'm terrified to lose it all. So I had to let him know that I need to focus on myself and my sobriety... part of me was hoping that he would have a better understanding of alcoholism, and not feel so comfortable drinking with me (he's a therapist and professor) but Im not getting that from him... and I know that my sobriety is my responsibility .... though I'm only back to day 2 I'm grateful I didn't carry on drinking the rest of the weekend because my mind certainly started playing those tricks on me the moment I left his place on Saturday morning.... about how I had time to sneak a few more drinks in. Had I done that I would be screwed today. Though it's still pretty early where I am and I'm having a bit of insomnia I know I'll be functional at work today🙏🏿. I was able to make it to an AA zoom meeting Saturday and that was great. Thanks for checking on me, I'm still trying.
Old 05-18-2020, 02:53 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

D112y, Thanks for your reply, I don't think my baseline personality is to be anxious, but lord knows that I have definitely become familiar with the feeling of anxiety all to well over the last 4-5 years as my hangovers have become withdrawals, that contain paralyzing anxiety that can last for days.... after a little over a month of being sober I started to feel my relaxed baseline returning. It was refreshing
Old 05-18-2020, 02:55 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you drank again sweetiepie.

I reckon calling the guy would have been a really great supportive move for your recovery rather than going over there again. Its clearly not a situation you can stay sober in right now.

I am glad you stopped but yeah my brain would have twisted that into.'I drank and stopped before things got too bad - I can probably do that again'.

You don;t need to put yourself in drinking situations at all, but especially at this point of your recovery.

Play it safe

D