Notices

Getting a haircut is such a great event now!

Old 05-07-2020, 06:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Getting a haircut is such a great event now!

Because I had cancer a year ago and had chemo I am one of the immune compromised. I have been quarantined for a month now. When I get bored and start to "feel nothing" (if that makes sense) I start thinking about drinking so I can "feel something". Finally, I am so looking forward to getting my haircut Friday and going back into the office on Monday! It's nice to feel excited about something again so I don't think about drinking.
Old 05-07-2020, 07:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

what type of protections do they have in place at your work site to assure employee health and safety?
Old 05-07-2020, 08:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Will your office have social distancing measures in place? I hope so.
I'd be interested in hearing about your haircut. How will that work while you're taking precautions with your health?
Old 05-07-2020, 03:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

When I get bored and start to "feel nothing" (if that makes sense) I start thinking about drinking so I can "feel something".
yeah my addiction used that line on me a lot of times.
There's a lot of positive healthy ways to feel something, even in lockdown - do things you enjoy - take up new hobbies - get engaged with a cause...find some meaning or purpose..doesn't always have to be a big thing..
I hope the change of scene next week will help quieten the AV too.
Old 05-07-2020, 05:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Anvil, My office is kind of off by itself. I will have masks and hand sanitizer available for anyone who wants to come in and talk to me.
Old 05-07-2020, 05:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The hair dresser will have only 1 client in her shop at a time and she is to sanitize everything between clients and she and I will wear masks. The office complex I work at will be social distancing and also using masks and hand sanitizer.
Old 05-07-2020, 06:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
yeah my addiction used that line on me a lot of times.
There's a lot of positive healthy ways to feel something, even in lockdown - do things you enjoy - take up new hobbies - get engaged with a cause...find some meaning or purpose..doesn't always have to be a big thing..
I hope the change of scene next week will help quieten the AV too.

Thanks Dee. I think it will.
Old 05-07-2020, 08:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I dream about a haircut LadyBug. I can't wait. I have kept it very short the last 6 months during my recovery and went every two weeks to keep it trimmed and tidy. Now I look like a yeti. When it is safe, I'm definitely getting in as soon as I can.
Old 05-07-2020, 08:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
EndGame

Old 05-08-2020, 05:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

HaHa Yes! I was feeling a little yeti as well. It was nice and scary at the same time. I was so worried about germs I didn't enjoy it as much as I use to but it was so nice to get out and do something normal!
Old 05-08-2020, 05:33 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

It was so strange going out into the world today. I've been quarantined at home for 4 weeks so I was so excited about getting my haircut! When I pulled out of the garage I got a little scared.... Scared of germs.... Weird feeling. I enjoyed visiting with my stylist and getting my haircut even though it was different because of all the safety measures. Before cancer I really wasn't worried about getting sick or catching an illness. I told my oncologist that I'm the healthiest sick person he will ever meet. It's strange now to be so scared of catching something. Anyway... today was a good day and just what I needed. I am excited to get back to work on Monday and hopefully traveling again in the next year. Cheers to our new normal.
Old 05-09-2020, 07:38 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Surrendered19 View Post
INow I look like a yeti.
LOL! I say I look like a sheepdog.