Notices

Ten weeks ago today...

Old 05-06-2020, 11:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ten weeks ago today...

Ten weeks ago today I was a hopeless, miserable drunk. I had no hope for the future, I existed day to day feeling absolutely awful, physically and mentally. I made those around me miserable as I chased the most important thing in my life - the next drink.

Ten weeks on and I feel much better physically. I have started running again (although have tweaked a muscle now so need to rest!), eat better, have lost a few pounds, sleep better, and I find rest at times. Socially I am coping with lockdown and am a far better dad to my kids, son to my parents and even friend to some people. Emotionally I am beginning to level out - I still go up and down but the swings are less dramatic. Mentally I am a new person, hopeful, determined, learning, humble and peaceful.

Anyone who is in early stages or on day one, or thinking or giving up...the rewards for me were real physically within two weeks. At ten weeks I can say: 'Do whatever it takes' because it's worth it

Old 05-07-2020, 01:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on 10 weeks!
Old 05-07-2020, 02:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Nice one - well done.
Old 05-07-2020, 02:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 10 weeks sober. It keeps getting better!
Old 05-07-2020, 02:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats Be. Been following your journey. I'm sorry I'm not still in the March thread with you. Wish I was
Old 05-07-2020, 02:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
Congrats Be. Been following your journey. I'm sorry I'm not still in the March thread with you. Wish I was
Hi FF, you are missed! But you can do this...we all have our own stories but i can promise you I was as hopeless a drunk as you could ever find. Gave up SO often, couldn't make it stick. But I kept trying and now there is light at the end of the tunnel. (I am not there yet, I'm working my arse off everyday to maintain and promote sobriety, but I'm beginning to enjoy that work! It's turned from a chore into a vocation )
Old 05-07-2020, 05:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

That is awesome Be123. You've also become a person on SR who really reaches out and tries to hear and help others. Make sure to include that on your list of what you have become in this new chapter.
Old 05-07-2020, 06:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

So happy for you, Be123.

I don't drink. No matter what. So simple once it sinks in, eh?