Notices

I hope that this time is it

Old 05-08-2020, 09:27 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Free.

Hey jazzy7!
Welcome.

After chronically relapsing for six years, I feel on track now. 40days sober today.

The key thing for me has been: I had to quit for good or I was surely going to die. I don't think I have another quit in me--one more drink would be fatal Quoted directly from Verdantia above.

I feel exactly this same way.
This, coupled with the feeling of belonging (community) that I get here at SR, has been ALL the difference for me.

Please stick with us. Post here often.
So glad you are here.

** I should note: My relapse struggles came after a sober stretch of 20+ years.
Having a bunch of sober experience didnt change things once I became complacent and lost my tools. Once your tools are lost you start at the start again.
Old 05-09-2020, 10:44 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I tried for years and years to get sober. My daughter was one when I first went to AA. I got sober 2 weeks before her 6th birthday and have now been sober just over 2 years. As long as you are still breathing there is always Hope. However it isn't hope you need. It is Faith.

Make staying sober your number one priority. Keep it in the today only. Dont think about tomorrow. Just today and no matter what happens do not pick up a drink. It is the first drink that does the damage. Stay close to SR. Get on to an AA meeting. Whatever it takes. I am the type of alcoholic who needs programme of recovery and mine is AA's 12 steps. There are many ways to recover and there are alot of them on SR. Keep reading and posting especially when you feel like you want to drink.

❤❤❤