Notices

Day 2 - Observations

Old 05-06-2020, 11:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2 - Observations

OK, over 48 hours since my last drink. So far it's not TOO bad, the Librium seems to help. I'm allowed to take 3 a day, but the Dr. basically just told me to take one as needed. I took one last night at work at 12:45am and just took another at 12:15 pm, so that's almost 12 hours,in between without feeling any bad withdrawals.

Physically I feel sore. Sore legs, so back, and my brain is a little fuzzy but I do have more energy and a HUGE appetite. Came home this morning, drank some green tea with kumbucha, drank some herbal immune system tea, took a multi vitamin and ate three fajita tacos, an avocado, and a plate of black beans. And I'm still hungry!

Been staying hydrated and drinking a lot of electrolyte water.

Now, I'm NOT asking for medical advice, but are there any teas that y'all prefer? Any extra supplements or any specific fruit or veggies that would aid in recovery?

As far as my desire to drink goes, yeah, it's there. I'm grateful I live with my gf so she's my accountability partner. I'm excited about being sober.

Normally I come home in the morning, pour myself a glass of wine. Maybe have two or three and chill on the couch, playing on my phone. Then I'll walk the dog and continue to on my ass, drinking, and then maybe read or do research on the computer, all while drinking, take a shower, drink in bed for a few hours, then sleep.

Today I started right in on my online research (for my hobby) and got a lot done. So while I do mix the relaxing aspect of drinking, the cons FAR outweigh the pros!

Here's to day 3.
Old 05-06-2020, 11:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good job on Day 2 and I'm glad you're feeling okay.
I like apple-cinnamon tea the most. It smells wonderful. For supplements, it's always best to check with your doctor because supplements can affect people differently.
Old 05-06-2020, 11:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well done on day 2. You'll probably feel a lot better in the next few days. For teas, it would have to be Earl Grey for me.
Old 05-06-2020, 12:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I like non-caffinated chai a lot. Also mint, nettle, oatstraw combo.