Notices

Keeping my promise to post

Old 05-01-2020, 02:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Keeping my promise to post

So being a day drinker, and having poured out the rest of the alcohol yesterday (which I have done multiple times and doesn’t make any difference...the store is close) being honest, if it was in the house I’d probably be in it. 🙈 But I made a good dinner early, am drinking lots of water, took my granddog for a walk, will fertilize my flowers. And be thankful I have no wine in the house. At least I don’t think there is...
Old 05-01-2020, 02:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go Oregongirlsite!
D
Old 05-01-2020, 02:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Nice one
Old 05-01-2020, 03:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds like a plan.
Old 05-01-2020, 08:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great job!! (Fellow Oregonian here) Imagine how much better you’ll feel tomorrow morning and can enjoy the Saturday 💗
Old 05-01-2020, 08:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I found it helpful to eat if I was wanting to drink. Stay sober, it gets better.
Old 05-02-2020, 09:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I made it through yesterday. #happyme. I pray I remember how crappy I emotionally feel as a drinker. Being faithful to post.
Old 05-02-2020, 09:21 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Also going to do something I have wanted to do for literally years...try my hand at watercolors. I bought some watercolor pens. Tough to want to do much of anything when you’re tired and blue from drinking.Â
Old 05-02-2020, 10:56 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome aboard to sober recovery. This place is and has been for many including myself, a lifeline in recovery we hold onto while learning new, helpful, healthy, honest ways to live life addiction free.

Many have learned how to get and stay in different way.

For example, I entered recovery beginning in a 28 day rehab stay with a 6 week outpatient aftercare program added on to completed this program.

This set on my path and journey in life remaining sober using the tools and knowledge taught to me to incorporate in all areas of my life on a continuous bases to achieve many of lifes rewarding gifts.

This journey that I'm still on began 29 yrs ago beginning with my first day sober with no alcohol.

The 28 days I was in a controlled environment with other folks with different addictions. My addiction was alcohol and there were others with addictions to drugs or prescription meds I had not heard of before. Maybe because I was nieve at 30 yrs old.

There are folks here that learn to get sober by coming here each day, being responsible for their own recovery, learning and sharing with each other traveling along the same path of recovery as them, supporting each other.

Some use theraphy and get a clean bill of health working honestly with their physicians letting them know about their addiction and recovery so they can be treated accordingly.

It is awesome to have a hobby or get into something that will keep you busy while moving forward each day sober. There are lots of hobbies folks here in SR enjoy sharing about as you will see as you continue reading around SR.

I myself enjoy gardening. It keeps me busy and what I put into it on a daily bases, in return the payoff is all the beautiful flowers that bloom for me. All the pretty birds, butterflies that come to visit my gardens and me each day.

All that brings me sooooo much joy in life and sobriety.

As all of us have begun with our first days in recovery, they turn into weeks, then months and yrs. It becomes a journey of changes. Yes some will be up and some down, but no matter what life throws at us, the ones who are achieving success in recovery life, never turned back to alcohol or drugs.

In going back, there will be shame, guilt, remorse, setting them back.

Some may make it back to recovery, and as sadly as it may sound, may have not returned.

They have passed on and many at a young age.

I hope you take this opportunity and put your addiction behind you and begin your new journey in living your life sober addiction free like so many before you.

SR supports you with every step you take.

Listen, learn, absorb and apply helpful knowledge of recovery in all areas of your life to achieve, health, happiness and many more of lifes rewarding gifts.
Old 05-04-2020, 09:08 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Seems like I missed yesterday...so guess that tells me something. I will be back when I have days under my belt. Hugs.
Old 05-04-2020, 05:39 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Don't wait for days under your belt OGS. Tell us what is happening even if you are using. Lots of people are using and post. It is in that space that you might become sober for good. Post a picture of your latest watercolor piece. I am rooting for your health and happiness.