Notices

Relapse

Old 05-01-2020, 04:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Relapse

Been fighting it all week! Bottle of vodka plus 5 tins strong beer last night. Have had to go to work today and am suffering.

Old 05-01-2020, 04:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry to hear that, Stable.
You must have tried a few things in your last 8 days sober...what kept you sober and what didn't?
D
Old 05-01-2020, 04:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Every week or so you are back with a new thread titled 'Day 1' or 'Relapse'. What, if anything, are you going to do (differently) about it this time?
Old 05-01-2020, 05:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Folks knowledgeable about addiction and recovery had to teach me, feed me information slowly in order for me to listen, learn, absorb and apply it to my sickheart and mind 29 yrs ago.
With a 28 rehab stay and a 6 week aftercare program attached before I was released to begin my recovery life and journey on my own, I took this valuable, important information and have continued to incorporate it to all areas of my life like a guideline to live upon building a strong recovery foundation.
There are many ways to learn how to remain sober.
For each of us, we have to have willingness, openmindedness and honesty to want to recieved and use this information.
Many of us tried countless time to control our addictionto alcohol or drugs to no avail. We realized we needed help and we had to ask for it or go get it.
It's not just gonna miraculously happen to us and we will be cured over night. All of us have had to start with a single step at a time to begin to learn how to live life sober or clean.
The greatest thing about learning and staying sober or clean is that no one ever has to go thru this process alone or by ourselves. Support and recovery lifelines are important so we can learn and lean on each other.
I have remained sober for a number of yrs now continue to incorporate what was taught to me yrs ago continuously on a daily bases. I dont have alcohol in my home and I do avoid situations where alcohol is present.
I follow a guideline to living a free, content, honest way of life each day staying connected to my recovery lifelines for good days and bad.
I know that alcohol is still alive and well out there in the world today and nothing has changed over the yrs since I go sober. It still continues to take down many and is relentless and...it doesn't care who its victims are.
For all those who go back out there to test the alcohol waters and return to let you, me, us know that it still isn't working, then it keeps our feet planted strongly in our own recovery foundation.
You can get off that merry go round of addiction insanity today and pick up the tools and knowledge of a recovery program and begin your recovery journey to achieve what so many of us have already achieved in life. Happiness, health and freedom in all areas of your life.
Old 05-01-2020, 07:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by aasharon90 View Post
Folks knowledgeable about addiction and recovery had to teach me, feed me information slowly in order for me to listen, learn, absorb and apply it to my sickheart and mind 29 yrs ago.
With a 28 rehab stay and a 6 week aftercare program attached before I was released to begin my recovery life and journey on my own, I took this valuable, important information and have continued to incorporate it to all areas of my life like a guideline to live upon building a strong recovery foundation.
There are many ways to learn how to remain sober.
For each of us, we have to have willingness, openmindedness and honesty to want to recieved and use this information.
Many of us tried countless time to control our addictionto alcohol or drugs to no avail. We realized we needed help and we had to ask for it or go get it.
It's not just gonna miraculously happen to us and we will be cured over night. All of us have had to start with a single step at a time to begin to learn how to live life sober or clean.
The greatest thing about learning and staying sober or clean is that no one ever has to go thru this process alone or by ourselves. Support and recovery lifelines are important so we can learn and lean on each other.
I have remained sober for a number of yrs now continue to incorporate what was taught to me yrs ago continuously on a daily bases. I dont have alcohol in my home and I do avoid situations where alcohol is present.
I follow a guideline to living a free, content, honest way of life each day staying connected to my recovery lifelines for good days and bad.
I know that alcohol is still alive and well out there in the world today and nothing has changed over the yrs since I go sober. It still continues to take down many and is relentless and...it doesn't care who its victims are.
For all those who go back out there to test the alcohol waters and return to let you, me, us know that it still isn't working, then it keeps our feet planted strongly in our own recovery foundation.
You can get off that merry go round of addiction insanity today and pick up the tools and knowledge of a recovery program and begin your recovery journey to achieve what so many of us have already achieved in life. Happiness, health and freedom in all areas of your life.
This is great. Great advice to the OP.
Old 05-01-2020, 10:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Stable. Just wanting you to know I’m with you. I joined SR in 2017 and have hung around but quit posting a long time ago because someone reminded me of all the “same ol same ol” posts of saying I’ll do thus and so but don’t. So I just kept drinking but kept my mouth shut. I joined the May group and am coming out of the closet. That you have had a day or days put together is encouraging to me. Thanks for being here.Â
Old 05-01-2020, 10:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Stable, I'm sorry that you decided to drink last night. Can you come up with a plan to prevent that from happening again? Maybe you can think of something to add to your plan? I hope you feel better.
Old 05-01-2020, 10:31 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
nez

Hi Stable. sorry to hear of your relapse because I have been there and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I put myself through pure hell.

In a previous thread you mentioned how playing the tape through and reaching out helped you to get through a day in which you struggled but succeeded and went to bed sober!

Remember your success with that day and use those same tools the next time you find yourself struggling. They worked then and will work again. You can do this!
Old 05-01-2020, 11:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi there
I am newly getting sober...again.

If
you can, stop and don't prolong the drinking.

Stopping and Starting
again is so emotionally exhausting...it finally pushed me over to the
Stopping camp.Plus my body could not heal or my mind. I've been
stopping and starting for a long long time and it is the worst. The same guilt the same shame the same sweaty sheets the same poor sleep.